Chapter 29: Eli

A/N: 13.07.20

Little update on the whole dating situation that I explained in the previous author notes & in my author's book "Hidee's books".

I decided not to go on another date with T on the 16th. I just can't find myself to get emotionally attached to T and it feels wrong to lead T on and give false hopes.

I told my friend this and got another, "you're too cold/harsh, Hidee. You should have given T a chance."

Well, it is what it is 🌻

I'll probably stay at home in my pyjamas on the 16th, reading and writing books. Sounds like a nice plan, don't you think? 🍑

⤵️⤵️⤵️

My lips parted in surprise and I felt heat rise up my neck. I couldn't look him in the eyes but when I turned my head to the side, he pulled my gaze back towards his. I gulped. Just looking at him and hearing him say such things made me want to combust. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I scowled, trying to portray contempt when really, I was seconds away from having a panic attack.

"Look at you how?" He said with a playful smile.

"Like you want to eat me."

I regretted my words and the double meaning behind it. Thomas laughed, biting his lower lip with that dazzling look in his deep green eyes. 

Who allowed this boy to have so much sex appeal anyway? 

He didn't even need to try like the other boys at school who tried so hard to impress others. He didn't need to wear too much masculine cologne or hit the gym four times a week, Thomas was just naturally attractive. I bet he wasn't even aware of the effect he had on others, how his natural smile attracted people around him and how his looks had girls doing double takes when he walked by.

"Get your dirty thoughts out of your head," I snapped, covering his eyes with my hands since he refused to look away. 

"I didn't say anything," he said innocently. 

"But you thought about it."

"Won't deny that," he shrugged which made me roll my eyes. With his eyes still covered, I felt a little more at ease, and said, "I won't leave you. I'll protect you." If his dad ever came back, I'd make sure he never hurt Thomas again. Maybe I could hire some bodyguards or a private investigator to track him down. 

"Protect me? With what? Your mom's credit card?"

"You nincompoop!" I bellowed, flushing red in embarrassment.

"Did you just call me a... Nincompoop?"

"I'm saying that I'll be here for you so if you need anything, hugs, kisses, money, or whatever, I'll give them to you. So don't hold back," I said, feeling my face turn redder as I spoke. "Don't hold back and love me even if it scares you."

I know that what I was asking was selfish. Perhaps to others it was nothing, but to Thomas, it was a big step. 

I was asking someone who had been constantly beat, hurt, and abandoned to let me into his life. I was asking someone who was scarred, traumatized and hurt to trust me. 

I was asking for his trust.

"Fine, if you want to be half-arsed about it then-"

Thomas pulled me towards him and pressed his lips against mine. I parted my lips and let his tongue press against mine, my hair getting lost in his thick, dark waves. I involuntarily let out a moan and I felt a smile grow on his lips while our mouths moved in perfect harmony. He pulled away, kissed me again, stopped for a second, before deciding not to kiss me again so that I could breathe. 

Which was when I realized that I was out of breath. How long had we been kissing?

"What was that?" I demanded, trying to sound disgusted. He shrugged, seeing past my act; seeing past my lie. 

"My way of telling you that I'm not going to be half-arsed about our relationship. Do you know what that means?"

I bit my swollen lower lip. "What?"

"It means if you break my heart I won't forgive you."

Break his heart? As in hurt him? Cheat on him? How can someone who's half his height break his heart?

Every relationship was a risk. But I was getting the feeling that the risk I was taking by loving Thomas to my fullest was larger than any other. 

At that time, I didn't know. I didn't know or even think that I was capable of causing so much pain to Thomas. 

One, because I loved him too much. 
Two, because Thomas's image of being indestructible was engraved in my mind. 
Three, because how could someone who's two heads shorter break someone like Thomas? 

"Are you going to be my new sugar daddy?" He grinned. I snorted. 

"I told you I'll give you whatever you want."

"I don't care about the money."

"I know." And I did. 

"Thank you, Eli. I really mean it."

"Yes, be grateful to your master."

He rolled his eyes, loosening the tie around his neck. We finished trying out our clothes and headed to the cashier. Thomas frowned when I told the lady we were also taking the sweaters and suit for Thomas.

"I don't need that," he growled. 

"No, but I do. For my sanity. I can't stand seeing you wear such ugly clothes," I said. I couldn’t find a nicer way to put it. Just because I liked Thomas that didn’t mean I liked his clothes. Thomas rolled his eyes, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"You sure?" He asked. 

"Certain."

The lady swiped the card through the machine. 

This was my first present to Thomas and it sure wouldn't be the last.

⤵️⤵️⤵️

A/N: Our boi Tommy deserves to be spoiled 🥺💞 Eli treating his man is everything.

What do you like about this book? The characters? The plot? I'd love to know!