Ch105 Friends In The Bar

Happy friendships day everyone!
Here's an early update dedicated to the beautiful bond..

**************************************

"Where is this Mercy Lawn?"
I asked Ren as I brush my hair.
I wasn't very keen on dressing up but looking at Ren getting ready and turning into a diva motivated me to atleast look like a woman.

"It's a garden right behind the hostel."

The word 'hostel' rang a bell.

"Why do I think all cadets are gone? A garden behind hostel shouldn't excite Killer, should it?"

"Not all cadets, just the final year."
Ren replied buckling her heels around her ankles.

Oh boy.
Ethan! Again!

"Why though?"
"Did you hear them?"

"Yeah. They were happy about some grass growing over there. What's the big deal?"
"There isn't supposed to be any grass there."
Ren answered.

"I'm sorry? A garden that is not supposed to have grass? Then why is it there in the first place?"
"Wait till tonight. You'll know."
Ren laughed and got up.

"You're gonna kill someone with your looks!"
I said as I looked at her top to bottom.

She wore a plain white shirt-top and a long black checked skirt. Her hair was tied in a pony and she brushed her face little here and there.
And Viola! There stood a goddess!

"Should I carry adrenaline injection?"
She winked and I laughed.

"Come on, let me highlight your cheeks."
She stepped towards me and I brought up my hand.

"Nick and you are going to turn my face red in humiliation. I don't think I'll need that."
I pointed at the blush in her hand.

She laughed loudly and kept it back.

"You're right. He roasts bad."
She's telling me?
I dreaded this day all these months!

"Let's go!"
Ren exclaimed and I followed her.

I really wonder how excited these three musketeers get when it comes to bar nights.
And how they're not afraid to get a scolding from Uncle for drinking away to glory. Most surprising is Killer - he's a man of commands, how come he is eager to break a rule?
If it's a rule made by uncle, that is.

"How come you guys are not afraid?"
I ask her.

"Afraid of what?"
She asked turning around, now walking reverse.

"Uncle getting angry at you? I mean, I thought that he doesn't like his officers drinking."
My innocent face must have looked very funny.

"Yes he doesn't. That's why he told us to hold a mini party whenever he's not here. As long as it doesn't affect our working the next day, we're allowed to have as much alcohol we can handle. The only rule is that he shouldn't catch any smell coming from our breaths or clothes. So the best day is the one he leaves."
She said shrugging her shoulders and turning forward.

Makes so much sense.
And man is he so cool about all this!

He doesn't like to see his officers drunk but he also doesn't want them to miss their social life.
My heart!

"Ah!"
Nick stopped in his track and whistled loudly at Ren who swayed her hips a little extra at the unsaid compliment.

"But! We're going to even out for last time. So this looking like a supermodel won't help."
Nick threatened her with thinned eyes.