Chapter 12

James...

"I-I-" I couldn't breathe. "H-h-h-hel-help."

The last thing I could hear was loud banging on the door, then black, nothingness.

***

I could feel someones hand in mine, I opened my eyes slightly. I was in a hospital, I looked to my side to see Sirius, he had huge bags under his eyes, he was holding my hand.

I lifted my hand from my side, onto his head, stroking his hair. I hadn't noticed, but a woman had entered the room.

"Your awake!" The lady rushed out the room.

The lady came back in with another woman, "Lovely to see you awake Mr. Lupin."

"Hello, how long have I been here?" I asked.

"Two days." Said the original lady.

"Two days!" 

"You passed out, there is a lot of question and rumors going around about why, be careful." said the original lady. "I have been keeping an eye on you, M. Black really cares about you, he has refused to leave you."

I smiled, "What's your name?"

"Clair." She said.

"You should be able to go tomorrow, we just need to do some final checks." Said the other woman. "Mr. Black said you got all those scars from a pack of wolves, is this true?"

I looked down, I cold see the scars on my arms, "...Yes... I got them when I was five..."

With that the woman left the room, I felt Sirius' head move.

"Remmy?" Sirius said, lifting his head.

"Yes?" I said moving my hand to his face.

"Your awake!" Sirius smiled broadly.

"I'll leave you." said Clair.

"Okay." I said.

She left. I noticed the cards next to the side table, I picked them up.

I opened one of them to see multiple people writing, my students. I quickly read them, they all went along the lines of 'Hope you get better soon.' 

But there was one, 'I hope you are okay. I hope Sirius hasn't hurt you, please tell us if he has.'

"S-Sirius, how many people think you hurt me?" I asked.

Sirius looked down, "Most people... the rest of them are just cautious of me..."

"Oh, Siri. This is all my fault." I said,  pulling Sirius closer to me.

"No, it's not." Sirius said.

"Sirius please be truthful to me, how long have you slept for?" I asked.

"Only a few hours..." Sirius said.

"Go home." I persisted. "Sleep."

"But-" Sirius started.

"No." I stopped him. "No buts."

"Fine." Sirius said, standing up placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye."

"Bye."

***

The next day Sirius came back, he looked much better.

"They said you could leave." Sirius said, he was holding a bunch of clothes.

"Great." I said getting up.

I got changed, before going with Sirius. Sirius drove us home, when we got there, there were people waiting for us.

When we got out there were questions shouted all around us, "Mr. Lupin why do you have scars?" "Does Sirius hurt you?" "Why did you pass out?"

"Can you please not ask questions right now?" I asked, then exclaimed. "I mean, I just got out of hospital, how rude can you be?!"