(5) payback

Allison opened her eyes slowly, glancing around her bedroom in confusion

Allison opened her eyes slowly, glancing around her bedroom in confusion. She laid back, staring at her ceiling, a blush creeping to her cheeks as she remembered the embarrassing events that unfolded the night before.

She slowly got up, groaning as she stumbled into the bathroom, looking for Tylenol to ease her growing migraine. She slowly turned the shower on, clumsily peeling off yesterday's clothes before stepping into the shower, letting the scalding hot water ease away her aches and pains. She again ran through the events from the night before while scrubbing her scalp with her signature rose-scented shampoo.

After her longer than acceptable shower, Allison wrapped her body in a towel and looked at the clock on her bedside table, and sighed as she realized that it was already almost 11 in the morning. She pulled on a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a black tank top with a matching bra, and threw her long, curly blonde hair into a high ponytail before walking slowly downstairs, the tylenol taking its time getting rid of her pounding skull.

Allison first walked out into the garage, frowning when she saw that Sam wasn't there. She walked back into the kitchen to start calling around, when she saw a note sitting on the table. She snatched it up, reading the messy scrawl that she immediately recognized as Sam's.

Took Jared to the woods to teach him what I know. Hoping to be back before you wake up. Sorry for what happened last night.

-Sam

'Oh ye of little words' Allison thought snidely, chuckling to herself.

"What's so funny?"

Allison squeaked, jumping out of her skin and turning around quickly, seeing a smirking Sam, and a grinning Jared slightly behind him.

"Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear." Allison muttered under her breath, slightly annoyed that she hadn't heard them come in.

"What's so funny?" Sam asked again, a smug smirk present on his face.

"Oh, I was just thinking to myself about how you have a way with words. Really digs deep." Allison teased, waving the note in his face.

Jared snorts, and then breaks out into loud laughter that he had been holding in. Sam scowls playfully, and moves behind him, smacking him upside the head.

"Ow! Shit, what was that for?" Jared whines, rubbing the back of his head, which made Allison burst into laughter, the boys following closely behind.

Ignoring the question, Sam turns to his best friend, his laughter fading away into his usual serious exterior. "Are you alright? Jared didn't have any control of what he was doing, I want you to know that."

Jareds grin turns sheepish, and he rubs the back of his neck shyly. "Yeah- about that. I'm really sorry Allie, like what Sam said, I didn't even know what I was doing, I was freaking out one second and then I saw you and it's like my brain thought you were were a threat or someth-"