{14} Flashbacks and Realization

Allie's POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling more content than I have in my entire life. I lay there with my eyes closed, my head still on Sam's chest, our legs tangled together.

I felt so relaxed, and it felt like a blessing and a curse knowing what I know now about the imprint bond.

A blessing knowing that I wasn't going crazy, that I knew Sam felt the same way I was this whole time, but a curse because I didn't know exactly what this meant.

Did I have romantic feelings for him?

Did I want to be with him?

Did he want to be with me?

I tossed these questions around in my head for a few minutes, not knowing what I was supposed to do.

I eventually sighed, snuggling in closer to Sam, deciding that for now, I didn't need to know. We would just be as we always have been- Sam & Allie- best friends. Just a little closer now.

I felt Sam stir, and felt him lift his hand up and start running it through my hair. I could almost purr in that moment. I turned my head upwards so I could see his face, and peeked one eye open. I blushed and could've swooned at the amount of adoration in his eyes.

"Morning." He said lowly, his voice raspy and deep from just waking up.

I blushed again at how attractive I found that, and buried my head back in his chest, mumbling a quiet "morning" back to him.

He chuckled, grabbing my chin with the hand that wasn't in my hair, and tilting it up so he could see my face again. "Since when are you shy?" He asks, amused. "Since I started finding you so damn attractive." I muttered underneath my breath, before my eyes went wide and I clamped a hand over my mouth.

"Fuck fuck- stupid motherfucking wolf hearing- I'm so fucking stupid. Why did I say that??" I chanted like a mantra over and over in my head.

"You find me attractive?" He chuckled, running his fingers lightly down my arm, making me shiver. "I'll keep that in mind." He whispered in my ear, making goosebumps rise on my skin, and butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

I was having a very hard time keeping my cool and I could tell Sam knew that, and was enjoying the hell out of it, going from running his fingers down my arm to running them up and down my thigh, making my breath catch in my throat. I glanced up at him quickly, before turning back to his chest, seeing a smirk plastered across his face. "Smug bastard." I muttered, knowing full well that he would hear me this time.

I felt his chest rumble as he started laughing at my embarrassment. I frowned, and went to move off his chest before he pulled me back to him, still laughing quietly, and buried his face in my hair. I sighed, breathing in his scent, trying to somehow find the "turn off" button to my hormones, when Paul slammed Sam's bedroom door open, Jared closely behind him.

I could tell from their expressions, Paul's being hostility and anger, and Jared's being anger and worry, that I shouldn't get in the middle of whatever was happening.

I moved off of Sam and pulled myself into a sitting position, the blankets covering my legs. Sam hopped up and walked over to the two, having a conversation so quiet I couldn't hear what they were saying.

I saw Sam whip his head around to look at me after Paul said something, his eyebrow creasing in worry. He conversed a few seconds more with the both of them, before Jared ran out of the room, Paul hot on his heels.

Sam stood there for a second, staring after them, before walking over to me, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug, shaking slightly. "Sam? What's going on?" I said into his shoulder, throughly and completely confused.