CHAPTER 18

SOPHIA'S POV :-

"Where is Evelyn?" I asked Chris as Evelyn was nowhere to be found.

"Actually, my mother called her. She wanted her to return home early for some personal reason. And so Evelyn left early." Chris replied, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh is it? Actually I am sorry. It took me almost half an hour to speak on the phone. I couldn't even say her goodbye," I told Chris.

"No worries. She told that she will visit you daily till you are here in my home," Chris told and came out of the kitchen with a plate in his hand and placed it on the dining table,
"I am sorry. Because of feeding me, you were not able to eat your dinner. But I have warmed up your food in the microwave. So now just sit down and finish it," Chris told me, pulling out the chair for me to sit.

I sat down on the chair and Chris, after making sure that I was comfortable, sat on the chair besides me.

I started eating my dinner and Chris was continuously looking at me,
"Is there something on my face?" I asked Chris.

"No. Why?" He immediately replied.

"Because you sre continuously looking at me without even blinking your eyes." I told him.

"No. Its nothing like that," Chris told me, shaking his head,
"Who was it?" Chris asked me.

"Who was who?" I asked him, still confused at his question.

"I mean who was on the call? Your boyfriend? It took you so long talking to him and you also excused yourself from us so you can talk to him privately," Chris told me, sounding a bit upset.

But why was he upset? And who the hell told him that it was my boyfriend on the phone? And even if it was my boyfriend on the phone, then why does it matter to him?

"Well, don't you think this is a very straight question about my personal life?" I asked him, munching on my food.

"Okay. I am sorry to interfere with your personal life. I shouldn't have asked that," he told me, but it sounded like he was taunting me.

Well what is wrong with him? He was fine just a few minutes ago and now he is behaving so strange?

"No problem." I told him and concentrated on eating my food.

"So it means you are sure that you are not going to answer this question?" He asked me.

I shook my head and laughed at his curiosity,
"Fine, Chris. No, it was not my boyfriend. It was my senior Dr. Mann. He was informing me about something important for the upcoming seminar," I told him.

"Really?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yes really Chris. It was Dr. Mann and not my boyfriend. And for your kind information I don't have a boyfriend." I told him, getting up from my place, carrying the dishes and walking into the kitchen, as I had finished my dinner.

"You seriously don't have a boyfriend? Well that's really very good." Chris told me, sounding a bit happy and excited.

"Huh? Good? What do you mean?" I asked him.

He was about to reply when suddenly all the lights turned off.

I immediately ran towards Chris and hugged him tightly.

"What happened Sophia? Why are you so scared?" Chris asked me, moving his hand up and down my back, trying to relax me down.

"What happened? Why did all the lights turn off suddenly? I have nyctophobia and I can't bare to stand in darkness. Please do something Chris," I told him, still hugging him like a teddy bear.

He immediately started laughing loudly and the vibrations of his laugh were passing electricity down my whole spine. It felt so good to hear him laughing like this,
"So the little wild kitten, Dr. Sophia is afraid of darkness. The girl who kicked me in the balls is afraid of darkness. So funny," he said, still laughing like an idiot.

I slapped him slightly on his chest, making him stop from laughing and making fun of me.

"Ouch. It hurts, my fairy," he told me, and started walking, with me, sticking to him like a kangaroo.

Suddenly he stopped and started searching for something.

And finally there was some light in the room. I looked up to see that he had started the torch of his iphone and was calling someone. But I didn't dare to move away from him and kept hugging him tightly.

He talked to someone on his phone, which I guess was his watchman and ordered him to see what the problem was.

After about 10 minutes, all the lights spontaneously turned on, making me relax a bit.

I looked up and well I made a mistake again.

I looked in Chris's eyes and got lost in it. He was looking down at me. Our faces were so close to each other that I could feel his hot breath fanning on my lips, making butterflies fly wildly in my stomach. It felt as if sparks were igniting in my body. My whole blood rushed to my face making my face flush and I started feeling hot suddenly.

A few locks of my hair came in front of my face, blocking my view. But before I could even more, Chris gathered them in his hand and tugged them behind my ear. As soon as his hand touched my ear, electricity as usual passed down my whole spine and my knees started getting weak.

I hugged Chris more tightly as I was afraid that I will lose my control and fall down instantly.
My breasts were pressed against his hard and muscular chest.

*******************************

HEYA LOVELY ANGELS!
HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?
DID YOU LIKE IT?
DO YOU LIKE SOPIAN'S CHEMISTRY?

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT!

'SOPIAN' IS THEIR SHIP NAME.

NOW TELL ME WHICH COUPLE WILL YOU SUPPORT MORE, 'ZAMILY', 'NOLA', OR 'SOPIAN'?

PLEASE SHARE THE NOVEL MORE AND MORE WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD TO STAY UPDATED ABOUT MY NOVELS.

WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS.

LOVE YOU ALL!!
TAKE CARE!!