chapter 1

This takes place in highschool so yeah. There will be swearing. You can start writing to your soulmate once you turn 16/ your writing and drawing starts to transfer to your soulmate when you turn 16. When you write something and/or draw something the emotion can transfer to your soulmate. Also sorry if I'm off about a couple things, I don't live in japan and I'm not very educated on their school system. Ok let's get this started.

(Bokuto is older then Kuroo in canon by a couple months btw)

It was a beautiful day for a ride to the train station in Bokuto's opinion. Sure a bit cloudy but still fun as hell because today was the start of the first training camp for this summer! Bokuto had just finished his second year of middle school and was very excited for the training camps to come. He headed to the train station with a smile on his face.

As he arrived he saw lot of people he didn't recognize going on the same train as him, and yeah he knew he wouldn't know the older people but he was hoping to see a familiar face just so the train ride wouldn't be as boring.
He looked around and something caught his eye, some very  strange hair that he thought he had seen before. He started thinking, trying to remember the name of the boy as they boarded the train. He sat near the boy and slowly got closer, scooting over towards him. The boy took notice, looked a little scared for a second before grinning like a cheshire cat. Bokuto remembered the boy now. His name was Kuroo something and he was a middle blocker from some other school in the area. Bokuto smiled at him and tried to start conversation, boredom already trying to take hold.

"HEY HEY HEY! I'm Bokuto Koutaro! You might remember me from Volleyball! Your name is Kuroo right?" He said excitedly.

Kuroo looked at him a small grin on his face.

"So first things first my name is Kuroo, Kuroo Tetsuro. Second I do remember you, you're a wing spiker right?" Kuroo said.

"Yeah! I'm about to be a third year too!" He said with extreme enthusiasm.

Kuroo's grin widened. "Me too bro! What's the odds?" Kuroo said pointing at himself.

And so they talked to each other the whole way to the camp. They talked about volleyball and TV and Kuroo even started talking about Kenma.

"-and yeah I've known him since I was little" Kuroo looked dreamy eyed when talking about Kenma.

"Do you like, like like him?" Bokuto asked curious and oblivious to how strange that is to ask someone you were just getting to know.

Kuroo spluttered a bit, obviously embarrassed. "He- um- we aren't like that... Not anymore..." Kuroo said implying that they had been more once.

"Oh, that's- I'm sorry. Let's hope he's not your soulmate then ey" he said trying to lighten the mood.

"..yeah let's hope" Kuroo said a bit dejected.

The camp was amazing, they hung out a bunch and became friends. As they went to leave the camp they decided to exchange numbers.

"Hey hey hey, before we go can I get your number? I don't want to lose contact" Bokuto asked a bit nervous.

"Oh yeah totally, here let me put it in" Kuroo put his number in Bokuto's phone.

"There now you won't need to miss me bro" Kuroo said teasing him.

Bokuto laughed and looked at what Kuroo saved himself under.

" 'That one hot guy from the train' huh?" Bokuto laughed.

"Well I didn't think you'd met any other hot guys at the train station" Kuroo grinned and shrugged.

.
.
.
.
.
After they got home

When Bokuto got home it was around 6pm so dinner would be soon. He greeted his mom and ran up to his room to check his phone, which had been turned off for the train ride.

That one hot guy from the train: hey sorry I wasn't on the same train as you on the way back, I had to go to my dad's :)

Bokuto smiled softly in understanding. When they were at camp Kuroo had told Bokuto that his parents where split and that he had to go back and forth sometimes. Kuroo said he was fine with the divorce because his parents seemed happier, but Bokuto saw the spark of bittersweet in Kuroos eye when speaking of his parents. He went to text Kuroo back.

That one hot guy from the train: hey sorry I wasn't on the same train as you on the way back, I had to go to my dad's :)

You: It's fine! I saw the coolest thing on the train home though!

That one hot guy from the train: Oh yeah? What was it bro???

You: There was this bird in the train that had the same hairstyle as you, wish I took a picture!

That one hot guy from the train: That's really stupid, but now I'm curious, did it have the Kuroo jenesequa ??

Bokuto chuckled, and responded with,

You: Nah, your pretty special

.
.
.
.
.

It's been a year and a couple months since Bokuto and Kuroo met. During that time Kuroo finally convinced Kenma to meet Bokuto in person, and it went as well as you think it would. Kuroo is now an official unofficial son of Mrs. Bokuto's. Bokuto has met Kuroo's mom a couple times but she's usually working. He hasn't met Kuroo's father but he's heard about him.
And so it came time for Bokuto's 16th birthday and Kuroo was spending the night. It was warm for the beginning of autumn and they were in Bokuto's room.

"Bro it's almost 12, get ready" Kuroo said.

They both looked at the clock waiting for the clock to strike 12. Immediately after 12 Kuroo egged him on to write to his soulmate so they new he was there. They waited. And waited. And then they went to bed because maybe they're just asleep. And in the morning they checked to see if they had wrote to him. And they hadn't. They didn't write to him at all. Unbeknownst to Bokuto, Kuroo was a bit relieved. He didn't know exactly why but he sort of had an idea.

And so the waiting game came, to see when Bokuto's soulmate came of age because obviously Bokuto had to have a soulmate who wanted to talk to him. Right?
.
.
.
.
Months went by and nothing came. Bokuto wasn't as happy about it as he acted and he didn't act happy. Eventually it was November and time for Kuroo's birthday. Kuroo was hopeful and Bokuto was a bit unoblivious to his own feelings. He had decided that he shouldn't hope because he couldn't be in love with someone other then his soulmate, but his feelings only grew when his soulmate didn't reply. He wrote to them everyday and still no answer. He was about to give up even though he knew that was ridiculous, soulmates can be years apart in age. He eventually went over to Kuroo's mom's house because that's where he was staying for his birthday this year. Bokuto and Kuroo waited and waited till finally it was 12. They were both nervous but Bokuto spoke anyway.

"Write to them bro, whatcha waiting for?" Bokuto said tired.

"Yeah, yeah I'll um I'll do that." And with that Kuroo wrote to them.