012.BUTTERFREE

"I know what you're hiding (Y/n)" Kioko said with a serious tone, her eyes narrowed as she stared at he girl who stood nervously or rather scared besides Kirishima.

She stood there frozen, mentally panicking. She doesn't know what to do at this moment,

Should she tell the story from the beginning?

Should she act like she doesnt know them?

No, she only gulp at the words of her guardian, it wasn't specific but she felt like she saw something she wasn't suppose to see in her room. Remembering that she agreed for the pokemon to go outside the Pokeball, that is, if the house is empty and if she's the only who entered her room.

"I didn't know, you we're the type to keep secrets" she said with a stern voice.

She stared at the ground, looking guilty and gulp when she felt her heart beating faster. Kirishima could only watch in confusion, glancing at his mother and his friend getting more confuse as his mother spoke.

"So this is why you kept acting weird for the past few days, I knew you we're up to something"

She bit the insides of her cheek, feeling the exact same thing when her family found out about the Pichu. Kirishima couldn't help but worry when he saw (y/n)'s unreadable expression, turning to her mom he ask "What are you talking about?"

"Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at her, I'm just dissappointed that she hasn't tell us about this" she told Kirishima, not really answering his question.

"About what?" He glance at (y/n) and back to Kioko. "I don't understand whats happening here"

"L-look I'm sorry Kioko-san, I was going to tell you but I haven't found the right time yet. I'm sorry for keeping secrets, I-i-i" she stuttered, trying to explain more but no more words came out of her mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me then?" She heard Kioko's voice getting softer

"Because I think you'll hate them..." She quietly said, but not quiet enough since the two heard her.

"Hate them?" Kioko asked tilting her head "No I don't, I love dogs!" She exclaim making (Y/n) look at her and blink several times in confusion,

"What?"

She went blank....

The older female grab the puppy pokemon out of nowhere. Her serious face replace with a loving expression as she cuddle with the puppy. (y/n) choke on her saliva, Kirishima quickly pats her back as she was now suffering from choking.

"(Y/n)?! H-hang in there, I'm going to grab a water!" Kirishima panic and dash to the kitchen, leaving her behind.

'Rockruff...you' at this point she felt her soul leave her body once again, it was all a misunderstanding.

She watch as the friendly pokemon interact with the older female, barking happily and licking her face making Kioko giggle, her eyes widen once she realize Kioko mistaken Rockruff for a normal dog.

Rockruff is a very sociable pokemon, too friendly, that it greets anyone he saw, clearly the others haven't warn him and must have mistaken Kioko for Akari before even realizing it was a different mom. Due to its features this pokemon can blend in the city as long it doesn't use any of its ability.

"So this is the reason why you we're being secretive huh? He's a cute one" she squeal while scratching Rockruff's chin. "And he have a unique colar as well"

(Y/n) took another gulp when Kioko touch the rock around his neck. "His name is rock..ruff" before she could think of any random name she accidentally told his real one. Earning a bark from Rockruff, Kioko place him on the ground.