Chapter 3

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Everyone is staring at the strange screen in front of us, including me. We all listen carefully to what the guy on the screen has to say.

"Now that I have everyone's attention, I'm going to explain why you all are here before I tell you what the disappearance game even is. To start, most of you are probably wondering, where am i? Unfortunately for y'all, I cannot tell you that. All I can say is that you are on a deserted island far far away from any thing else. On the island are creature that not a single one of you have ever heard, or seen before. These creatures will be the death of a lot of you as well hehe." Even though we can't see this guys face, I can tell he's smirking. What a psycho...

After the masked man says this everyone's attention is directed to a man who looks to be in his early 30's. "What the hell is this?! Is this some kind of joke???!!! You really expect us to believe that we are all gonna die by some creatures that probably don't even exist! That's bull shit!" He shouts while looking around for other people who agree with him. Other people start to join in, shouting all different kinds of things.

The guy on the screen beings to laugh. "he he he he he. Well, I guess the ones who spoke out against me will get a free pass out of here." When he finished that sentence his tone completely changes. "By death."

The people who spoke out against him start to mumble to each other but the man on the screen then snaps his fingers and once he does this, everyone who spoke suddenly drops to the ground completely motionless.

I gasp and take a few steps back from those people on the ground. "............."

"Hmf. The people who are still standing here should now know not to interrupt me. Out of 100, 15 of you are already dead and we haven't even started the game. What a shame. Now, let me continue."

My hands and legs are shaking from fear. I feel like I'm about to puke from looking at all the dead people in the ground. This is....it's actually real...this isn't a dream. The sudden realization makes my knees buckle and I drop to the ground. I try and control my breathing.

"The next thing I need to discuss is how you all got here. Most of you probably remember getting dragged into a car of some sort or being injured. That whole scenario was just an illusion. It's quite funny actually. Hehe.."

That's why there wasn't a gun wound in me when I woke up....but then what about...Killua!? My eyes dart in between all the different people, scanning for Killua. He could be here right? Or was that whole thing even him being there an illusion...?

The guy begins to speak again. "Each one of you was chosen to be a participant for specific reasons. You may or may not be told these reasons later on in the game. OK enough of the boring stuff! It's time to talk about what the disappearance game is! Make sure you pay close attention other wise....you'll probably die in the first day.
Let's start with how the game works."

"Each day all of you will try your best to survive the day. You will need to find shelter, food, water, and avoid being killed by creatures or other contestants. Yes, killing other contestants is allowed if that's what you wanna do. The twist of the game is that each day 1 person will suddenly disappear. The person who disappears each day will be completely random. So, at least one person per day will die. I assume many more will die of other reasons."

"Everyday at 7pm I will give an announcement telling you how many people have died that day, and I will announce that the chosen one will disappear in 2 minutes. There are ways to avoid being chosen to disappear but that I cannot tell you. Around the island you may find wepands and items that are necessary for survival. As the game goes on I will tell you more and more about the game. Right now I will not tell you how the game can be ended. There are also some very important rules you all must follow by."

"Rule #1: You may never leave this island for any circumstances.

Rule #2: Killing more then 4 people a day is prohibited. (That way the game last longer hehe.)

Rule #3: Disagreeing with me will not be tolerated."

"If any of these rules are broken, the result will be death."

"For now that is all! Let the game begin and good luck!"

In the distance I can hear the sound of a loud buzzer going off. I notice some people have already adapted to the situation and are running into the jungle.

The first thing I need to do is figure out if Killua is here or not...I bet more people are scattered around the island. While I'm looking for him I should be on the look out for a weapon of some sort.

I decide to run into the jungle like some of the other people. I wonder if I should try talking to the other people....that could be risky since killing is allowed..

I shake off the thought and continue to run deeper into the jungle. I'm surrounded by thousands of trees towering over me. Birds are flying quickly above me.

As I'm walking, to my luck I spot a knife that's attached to a near by tree.

"Yes!" I hurry over to the tree and reach out to grab it. I hear the sound of twigs snapping from behind me. I instantly wip my head around. Before I can even turn around someone, a boy who looks around my age with light blond hair and blue eyes, quickly snatches the knife from the tree.

"Hey?! I found that first! Give it back.." I shout without thinking.

The boy smirks. "Your not really in the position to be making demands." He says while twirling the knife in his hand.

I instantly shut my mouth.

"Good. Now be on your way. Your lucky that I wasn't someone who would kill just anyone." He says with a sigh.

I nod but then before I walk away I look back up at him. I should ask him if he's seen Killua....he doesn't seem all that bad.

"I....um...."

"What is it?" He raises an eyebrow while looking down at me since he's taller.

"I was wonder if I could ask you a question..?"

"Make it quick."

I smile brightly. He looks confused by this. "I was wondering if you have seen anyone about my height, white fluffy hair, and pale skin?"

It's looks like he's thinking for a moment. "Now that I think about...I think I did. He wasn't too far from here."

My eyes brighten up. "R..really?! You did?"

He nods. "Yea? You actually know someone else on this island..?"

"Well, I wasn't sure if he was actually here..He was with me when we got taken." My voice fills with a hint of sadness.

The boy looks away from me. "I was with my sister when I was taken. I really hope that she isn't here..."

"I'm sure that if she is then she's ok! You shouldn't worry to much. Trust me it doesn't help... "

For a moment it almost looks like he smiles.

"Um..anyways, could you point in the direction that you saw Killua?" I ask.

"Hey you know what..why don't I just take you to him. I think 2 people traveling together is better then one. Plus you don't have a weapon and I dooooo~" He says.

"You'd really do that?!"

He nods. "if you want to then we should leave now. It's not safe here..."

"Ok...let's go."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Gon sure is great at talking to strangers. :O I also might post another chapter today. It sorta depends though

Anyways, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment! ✌