Chapter 17

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We still haven't found any food or water. My mouth is so dry and my legs feel like they could give out at any moment. Killua probably feels the same way but he's just trying to act tough. Same old Killua.

"I'm starting think we might not make it to the top of this mountain in time. It's already almost dark out. " I say while giving Killua a concerned look.

He stops. "We'll make it." Then he keeps on going again.

I sigh and follow behind. Looks like we won't be sleeping tonight.

I take another look at my surroundings but it's all the same. Just tons and tons of trees towering over us. We're like tiny ants compared to how huge these trees are.

While staring at one of the trees specifically, I notice something different about it. A small part on the tree seems to be glowing a bright white color. Without telling Killua I walk closer and closer to this tree. I reach out my hand and slide my hand down on the bark where it's glowing. As soon and I lay a finger on it, the ground below me begins to shake rapidly. Killua wips his head around only to see strange glowing white bars starting to form around me.

"GON! MOVE!" He yells.

I try and take a step away but my body won't move. It's like I'm frozen. Killua sprints as fast as he can towards me and slips right inbetween the only space left that haden't formed bars around us. After he barley makes it, we are completely surrounded by what look like glowing jail bars.

We both look around us frantically trying to figure out what just happened.

"BAKA! Look what you did! Now we're trapped! From now on DON'T touch any thing without asking me first." Killua says while slapping a hand to his head.

Right before Killua says this I had reached out and grabbed onto one of the glowing bars only to brun my hand. "OW!"

I stare down at my hand which is bleeding from how hot the bars were.

Killua shakes his head. "Let me see it.."

I extend my hand out and Killua takes it in his own to examine it. He lets out a soft sigh. "Your lucky it was just your hand. Let's hope it doesn't get infected."

"I'm sorry.." I mumble while staring down at the ground below.

He sighs again. "I want to be mad right now but that won't do us any good."

Moments later a voice comes out from somewhere in this cage but we can't tell where from.

"Oh? Looks like 2 contestants have stepped into the memory box hehe." The voice says.

The. What.

"Hmm I was actually quite hoping you two would be the ones to stumble into this trap. This will be very interesting."

"What the hell is this!" Killua sputtered.

"I shall explain the rules. This is a game where your memorys and thoughts will be exploited. All of you deepest darkest secrets will be revealed. We can see what's going on inside your brains. What'll happen is a screen will appear in front of you. On the screen will be a memory of a time in the past. First I will ask each of you a question.

You must answer the question. Here's the deal, if the both of you answer each question with complete honesty I will release you from the box and you will be transported directly to the top of the mountain. But, if either one of you lies...you'll be left here. After 14 hours the bars will disappear. That would only give you a few hours to reach the top before time runs out hehe. Good luck!"