THANK YOU

27 November 2020

{70,869 words later}

Hey guys...

I was nervous about writing Kaleidoscopic because I didn't know if people would like the storyline. It was in a different time period and the characters were very flawed, but I decided to write it to challenge myself. I'm so happy this story has resonated with so many of you. I really loved researching the decade and learning so many new things. It was super fun to explore a world/time I had never known. The 1980s were truly an origin for so many things I love today.

Along with that, I think my favorite part about writing this book has been reading everyone's comments. Everyone is so observant and insightful. Nobody sees these characters the same way and reading all of your opinions has made me feel really lucky to gain so many new perspectives. I loved seeing everyone agree, disagree, cry, laugh, predict, curse me out...EVERYTHING. I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed reading everyone's points of view. You guys inspire me daily.

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, voting, sharing, adding my books to your reading lists, or anything else you've done to support my work. Thank you if you've read any of my other books, or if you discovered this on a whim. Whoever you are, I'm SO grateful for you. Your kindness is unbelievable. Everyday I wake up and am shocked by all the positivity coming through my notifications. I'm used to it being me, my words, and my bedroom walls, so it's been such a lovely experience getting to share my work with such an amazing group of people. I love to write, but I love it even more because of YOU.

As 2020 comes to an end, I extend my gratitude to every single one of you for making this year wonderfully insane. In January of 2020, I didn't even have 5,000 reads on my first bxb romance book. I have no idea how I got here, but thank you. YOU have kept me motivated.

It's the scariest thing when art imitates life. In a lot of ways, Kaleidoscopic was the perfect story to write during 2020. It's been a tragic year for so many reasons and I think I stowed a lot of my remorse within this book. For me personally, this storyline eerily resembles my own life in the last few months. My grandmother passed away from Covid-19 and pneumonia, which is starkly similar to Evan's fate. I wanted to share this because, regardless of which virus helms an outbreak, it is still important to take it seriously.

I hope you are kind and loving to yourselves and others in 2021. I am wishing you all well.

Thank you for taking a chance and trusting me to write you a story. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope to share another one with you very soon!

Much love,
Kendall <3

In consoling memory of the lives lost due to viral outbreaks in 1983, 2020, and every year before, between, and after.