Chapter 30 - Stitches

ERIN

How is it possible that we went from celebrating that Imogen is expecting a girl to my engagement and now we are waiting on news about Rory? When Dad called me I truly freaked out. He was almost out of breath while running as he told me to call the police because Duncan was in Rory's apartment. I did so immediately, even when my hands were shaking. Noah and I were sitting in one of the VIP lounges, working on a new set of songs. He followed me to the basement because talking in the club kitchen or the open room where people were dining didn't seem appropriate.

I told the police everything I knew and prayed that they took my call seriously and sent someone with urgency.

"What's happening? I saw you walk by and I couldn't get away from the stove immediately," Sam said.

"Duncan is at Rory's," Noah said while rubbing my back since tears wouldn't let me do the talk myself.

"We should go there," Sam said.

"NO! Rory and Dad are there already. I'm dying here from the nerves. I can't have you both go as well. Stay here. I need you..."

"It's okay, Erin," Sam said. "We won't leave."

"Is there anything we can do?" Noah asked.

"Call Adam while I reach to Mom."

We knew nothing else at this point so when Mom answered I couldn't even tell her if they were safe. We could only wait.

When Dad rang me about 30 minutes later, I almost let the phone fall from my hands. Rory was on his way to the hospital in an ambulance and that's all he could tell me when he got interrupted by someone. I felt hot and cold at the same time. Noah took charge for which I'm grateful and brought all the senior members of staff together to come up with a plan for the club. I called Matt who picked me and Adam along the way.

I almost added Adam to the hospital patients list when he asked me in Matt's car who would take care of the club. Before I could strangle him, Mom put him in his place for being so heartless. We arrived in the emergency room and were directed to a curtained room where we found Imogen lying on a bed and Dad sitting next to her while holding an ice pack to a hand.

"Where's Rory?" Mom asked the moment she stepped in.

"Getting help," Dad says. "He was still unconscious when we got here."

"What happened, Dad? Where's Duncan?"

"Hopefully locked away," Imogen said and winced while pressing her belly. "I'm fine. We are fine. I think I pulled something trying to get the cabinet off Rory."

"They got in a fist fight," Dad said. "He punched Rory hard, I saw it, and he went head first into a liquor cabinet. I punched Duncan. Knocked him out cold. Imogen was trying to pull the cabinet from Rory and I went to help her while keeping an eye on Duncan. I think he brought the cabinet down trying to get a grip. He has a big cut on his face, others in his hand. I've never seen so much blood. Duncan started to return to the land of the living when the police arrived."

"Will Rory be okay?" Matt asked.

"We can only hope," Imogen said. "He needs to be kept under close observation because he probably has the mother of the concussions."

We stayed in the room waiting for news and Adam kept still the whole time. I know him well, he's scared. In his peanut brain, thinking about the club, he forgot that our brother could be in danger.

"Mr. Sommer?" A doctor comes into the room and seems surprised that we are all here.

"These are my wife and the rest of our children. Is Rory okay?"