Chapter 33 - Movies

NOAH

We might be the best of friends, but Adam Sommer is a fool. He's spent years trying to hold rein on everything that happens at the club when he has more than capable people to help. Erin spent like 20 minutes putting me up to date with our administration tools and I was good to go. I might not have his degrees, but the success of my plumbing business shows that I can also do this. Erin is doing a great job running the morning shift, even if it has shortened our rehearsal time for new songs, and I'm enjoying my new responsibilities. There's only so much that needs repairs at the same time. It was great to see Adam enjoying himself last Saturday. He was even smiling and chatting around with the clubbers, something he barely does on both counts. 

Today I slept until late and then I spent some time on the books of my business, which look solid. I will call Gianna later to see if she wants to go out somewhere for dinner. The more time I spend with that woman, the surer I am that I don't want to spend my life with anyone else. To a certain sense, she's like Erin, so nurturing and caring. I haven't told Jordan that we are dating because he's dealing with enough in his life. We started therapy and just like me his trauma is etched deep. 

He's been busy since he got home from school. He fetched the iron and ironing board and took them to his bedroom. He then came out, ate some cereal and took a quick shower. I didn't think much of his random behavior, until now that I'm shaving and he stands in the bathroom door opening.

"Can I use your cologne?" He mumbles.

He wears a light gray sweater and dark jeans. What the hell did he use the iron for? I give him the bottle and he sprays some on himself.

"When are you planning to tell me where you are going? You haven't asked me for permission to go out on a school night. You have more liberties here than other parents give their children, but you can't leave the house without telling me where you are going and with whom."

"I... Is that... I'm going to the movies with Chloe. Can I go to the movies with Chloe?" He asks and blushes.

"Are you really going to the movies? This isn't a plan to get laid?"

Jordan shakes his head and turns an extra shade of red. He walks to the living room and I follow.

"Did you have sex with her already? Don't lie to me!"

"Noah! Jeez!" He sits on the couch with a huff while I laugh.

"Do you need a ride or money?"

"Erin paid me on Sunday and Chloe is picking me up. She just got her driver's license."

"So you are dating an older lady? Good for you! And I can give you some lessons next year when it's your turn."

"You must be nuts! I've seen you drive."

"What's wrong with my driving?"

"People jump out of your way," he tries to hide a smile.

The doorbell rings and he jumps from the couch before I can say anything back, and only stops to check himself in the mirror. 

"Don't get laid!" I yell and hear a groan before the door slams shut.

Oh this is so good and worth sharing, so I grab my phone and call Gianna.

"Hey, Gianna! How do you feel about spying on two horny teenagers?" I say and hear her laugh hard on the other side.

"Noah! You need to trust him."

"Why don't we go to the movies and see what they are up to? I also have the right to a love life, you know?" I hope she gets the hint.

"Not the way that I thought my night would go, but okay."