CASTERS (Chapter 1: The Pyro Caster.)

— ERIC —

"It's coming, big brother!" Saraphine's abrupt scream for me awakened me from my slumber.

"Saraphine!" I pitched up and turned to my wife, intending to wake her. "Anna!" I called.

"I'm already ahead of you, Eric." Anna replied as she tied her night gown around her. She walked around the bed heading for the exit so I threw on a pair of pants and quickened after her.

We hastily ran to the other room. When we entered, Saraphine could vaguely be seen trying to sit up against the headboard on this moonlit night.

"It hurts! It hurts so much!!! I can't take it!!" She cried.

I hurriedly grabbed some of the luminosity diamonds from within her drawer and released a bit of my Aura into them. They glowed like the full moon the I placed them around the room for light.

Anna laid Saraphine down ontoher back with a few cushions beneath her head. She lifted her knees up and spread her legs.

"It's okay, Sara. Just try to breathe as normal as you can. Those are contraction pains." Anna coached her before she started to scream again. I knelt beside Sara and held her hand. She gripped me tightly and when she did, my veins became visible. Letting her clamp on to me was a painful reminder of what she's going through.

"It's alright, little sister. I'm here for you, even if your hold is turning me blue," I voiced to comfort her.

"I can see the crown! Sara, I need you to push!!!" Anna guided her timing. She gripped onto me even tighter and started screaming. "That's it... you're almost there! Another big push!"

"I can't! It hurts too much!" She cried, in the most pain I've ever seen my little sister endure.

"The only way that pain is going to go away is if you have this baby right now!" Anna drove her to remain convicted.

"Come on, Saraphine, just one more strong push!" I voiced to be supportive. Her grip suddenly intensified and she started screaming, louder and longer than before. The tiny cries of a strong and firm infant lungs averted my attention from Sara as her screams quiet. Anna grabbed a hunting knife and disconnected the umbilical cord. She then wrapped the baby in a blanket while wiping it clean. Anna's smile enhanced at the sight of the baby just as Saraphine's grip on my hand softened.

"It's a boy, Sara." She walked to the side of the bed where I sat, brightened in many ways.

"Annabeth... let me hold him." Saraphine's faint voice called. Anna rested him in her arms and she smiled while her tears glistened and drained down her eyes. Even after all of that pain, this is also the happiest I've ever seen my sister. "My beautiful.... baby boy." Her voice softened and grew weaker as she stroked his dark orange hair. "My beautiful... Seth." She barely named him before slowly closing her eyes.

"S-Sara?!" I called but she wasn't respondent. "Anna we have to help her somehow! She can't just... She can't die!" I shouted, looking back at her with longing eyes.

"There's nothing we can do. Even if I attempt to stitch her up, she will die. No human woman in history has ever survived after giving birth to a Caster's baby. She knew this would happen." Anna looked at me with a tear filled eyes while holding my hand. I looked back at Saraphine who was silent, soundless, and motionless. I felt the aura within her vanish as her breath completely faded.

"No... no!" I leaned my head against hers and cried for the first time in ages. "She's... gone." I shook my head.

The infants voice lifted and he started crying nonstop.