Headphones, Helmets, and Hidden Rooms (oh my!)

"And that's Taurtis," Grian continued. "The one I summoned last season. He popped over into season 7 with because..."

"I had nothing better to do with my life than mess with Grian," Taurtis finished for him.

"Why have I not met this charming young fella in the past few weeks I've been here?" Maya joked.

"Because..."

"He was worried that I'd embarrass him," Taurtis finished once again, raising an eyebrow at Grian.

"That's not true," Grian said, sticking out his tongue at his raven-haired friend.

"It is and you know it," Taurtis replied, sticking his tongue out right back at the gremlin.

Maya just sighed, shaking her head. "Ight, I get the point."

"Taurtis has just been working on his base. He's trying to rebuild and redesign the Republic."

"ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∷ᒷ!¡⚍ʖꖎ╎ᓵ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ∷╎ᓭᒷ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リ! ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒷᒲ!¡╎∷ᒷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷ꖎᒷᓭᓭ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リᓭℸ ̣  ⍑ᒷ∷! ⍊╎⍊ᔑ ꖎᔑ ∷ᒷ!¡⚍ʖꖎ╎ᓵ!" He pumped his fists in the air and jumped around.

Maya burst out laughing at his statement, Grian facepalming. When Maya could manage to sorta breathe again, she asked, "How do- *laugh* -you know Galactic?"

"Grian taught it to me," he replied matter-of-factly. "I have a knack for languages."

"And what's this 'Republic' you speak of?"

"Back in... Evo, I had originally built the Grian Empire. When I asked Taurtis if he wanted to join, he did, sorta, but ended up creating the Taurtis Republic," Grian said, his voice laced with emotion.

"Evo sounds like an amazing place!"

Grian looked at Maya questioningly, slowly saying, "Sounded, you mean..." Something flickered across Maya's face and she flared her nostrils. 'She's doing it again.'

"O-oh yeah, sounded. Riiiight." Twiddling her thumbs, Maya continued, "Well, it was very nice to meet you, Taurtis. I hope we cross paths in the near future!"

"As do I, m'lady." He bowed dramatically, his mid-length hair flopping into his eyes.

Maya giggled, send a swirl of magic to follow after Taurtis as he turned and walked away.

"He reminds me of an old friend..." Maya muttered, smiling.

~

"Doc, I know you don't trust Maya—heck, I fully don't—but that doesn't mean-"

"Yes it does, False. I bet there's a lot she isn't telling us. More so than what Xisuma just brought to light." Doc stood ominously at the head of the meeting table.

"Doc," Xisuma said gently, "I already talked to Maya, and nothing in her words or body language was giving any indication that she was lying. She even came out and told me she was a former Watcher, and showed me her magic."

"But why was she so eager to use her magic?" Iskall said defiantly. "She could be planning our demise."

Doc turned around and looked out the window. The beautiful blue of the ocean greeted his gaze. Where else to build a secret meeting HQ than in his G.O.A.T. head, carved into the mountainside. "I think we should question her. Capture her-"

"What!?" Xisuma yelled, his sudden outburst startling everyone in the room.

"-and bring her here. We won't hurt her," Doc said pointedly to the worried admin.