Chapter Seven

Disclaimer: You recognize it, I don't own it. 

MAGNUS

Percy pokes his head out of his room. When he sees me, his eyes narrow. He strides up next to me. I gulp. Is he still mad?

Apparently not. Percy's face breaks into a brilliant smile. "Hello Magnus. I heard that you forgot about the fact that dragon's blood is acid!"

I smile sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry about that. Who told you? Alex?"

Percy's eyes gleam with mischief. "Yes, Alex. You know what else he told me?"

I take a step back, weary of the look in his eyes. I make note of Alex's gender today. "No. What did he say?"

"He said that you would be willing to help me train with my powers. I thought that was so kind of you, so I came to find you right away!" He grabs my arm and drags me into his room.

Sam and Alex are sitting on his bed, smiling mischievously at me. I send a glare at Alex, who fingers his garrote. I stop glaring.

Sam's mouth twitches up at the corners. "So now that Magnus is finally here, Percy, please try to make the blast-"

Alex interrupts, "But this time, aim it at Magnus."

Percy nods. I wince. I can't even argue, otherwise Alex will behead me. Life isn't fair. Percy reaches into the air, his eyes closed. He stands there for a couple of seconds, then his eyes open.

"I can't feel it. Before, I could feel everything. It was overwhelming, actually. But I can only feel the liquid water right now."

Alex snaps his fingers. "Did you do anything to make it... less overwhelming? Did you turn it off or something? Can you do that?"

Understanding dawns on Percy. "Yes, actually. I shoved it down earlier so that I wouldn't become completely overwhelmed."

Sam comprehends. "Oh. So what you need to do is un-shove it down."

Percy bobs his head. Then he sits down, explaining that he doesn't want to fall over. Percy reaches out into the air, and spreads his hands like he's smoothing down the covers on a bed.

Seconds later, his eyes grow wide. A sigh pours from his mouth. "Oh," he whispers, almost like a prayer.

"What is it?" I ask hesitantly.

He looks towards me, and the sheer amount of power radiating off of him makes me take a step back. "Everything. I can feel everything."

He seems to pluck an invisible string in front of him. An enormous blast radiates from the spot he touched, flattening everything in its path, including me. The only thing unaffected is Percy himself.

In fact, the only thing Percy does is laugh in delight. "I feel it! Can you feel it?" he sings quietly.

I peel myself off the floor. "Percy, what are you doing?" He doesn't answer. His eyes are unfocused, almost dreamy. He twists his fingers, and the air pressure suddenly doubles. Sam, Alex, and I gasp at the sudden weight. Percy just reaches upwards, reveling in his newly-found power.

The air is slowly crushing us. We're getting closer and closer to being squashed like a bug against the ground. "Percy," I choke out, "please, stop. We can't... breathe."

Percy dismisses us, barely glancing over his shoulder. But when he looks into the pool, he flicks a finger at each of us. Immediately, the pressure alleviates.