{8}

Chapter 8: (Ethan's POV)

I dialed her number for the third time, standing outside her house. I groaned, getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell five times. She answered the door, her earphones plugged in while she bobbed her head to the music. She waved at me before going back. 

I stared at her in confusion while she grabbed her shoes and slipped them on before picking up her bag. She came back to me and stopped, looking at me with a small frown. "What?" she asked. 

"I've called you like three times," I huffed. 

"Oh, I blocked your number, sorry, I'll unblock it right now." She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and unblocked my number, dangling her phone in my face. "There," she grinned. 

"You blocked my number?" I looked at her in disbelief, "You blocked your boyfriend's number?" I scoffed. 

"Boyfriends aren't supposed to reply with 'what's up?' when their girlfriend says 'it's an emergency.'" 

I rolled my eyes, "If we don't leave right now, we'll be late. Shall we, Oliver?" I asked. 

"Lead the way," she shrugged. We climbed into my car and I started driving to school. "You have to be a picture-perfect boyfriend from now onwards, Skylar has high expectations of you," she said while tying her shoes. 

"Why are we trying to convince your best friend of anything? I thought we're doing this in front of Justin and Annabelle?" I asked in confusion. 

"Yeah, but she started asking questions last night. When I told you it was an emergency and you replied with what's up? Remember?" she smiled at me sarcastically. 

"You're never letting that go, are you?" 

"Hmm," she said in response. 

"So, what exactly have you told Skylar?" I asked. 

"Well, she was asking me what kind of boyfriend you are and how suddenly my enemy became my boyfriend overnight. So, I had to tell her that we've been dating for two weeks and we didn't let anyone find out cause we didn't really want anyone knowing, that's what I implied anyway, and then she asked how you treat me," she looked at me. 

"And you said...?" 

"I said you're great, you're amazing, the best boyfriend ever. And you got me a... puppy?" 

"A puppy? No, I'm not getting you a dog," I shook my head. 

"A diamond ring?" she asked. 

"Are we getting married? No," I replied. 

She groaned, "Forget it," she shook her head. 

"I can get you... chocolate," I shrugged. 

"I don't like chocolate that much, sorry, I'm not a sweet food person," she said, scrunching up her nose. 

"A teddy then with roses," I glanced at her. 

She's not a chocolate person, she's a roses person. Noted. "Okay," she shrugged. I eyed her as we pulled into the school. She was staring out the window but I caught her smile. 

"You're a roses girl, I get it. You like the flowers, you like the teddies," I chuckled. 

"I just don't like chocolate," she turned to me, "It's too sweet. If you ever wanna get me food, I like spicy food and if you ever wanna get me candy, I like sour candy, gummy bears are the exception," she said. 

"Gummy bears, okay," I nodded.

"What about you?" she asked. 

"What about me?" I questioned while turning the car off after parking it.