{10}

Chapter 10: (Olivia's POV)

"I mean, yeah, he's your boyfriend even though I don't understand how that happened, but it did," Sky shrugged, "I'm happy for you, I'm glad you found a nice guy, keep him." I grinned at her. "See you tomorrow," she nodded and we said bye before she went to her car and I went to Ethan's where he was standing, waiting for me. 

"Hi," I smiled. 

"Hi," he nodded, pushing himself off the car and opening the passenger side door for me. 

"Thanks," I mumbled while sitting inside as he took the driver's seat and started driving us home. I leaned my head back, letting out a sigh before pulling out my phone, checking for any texts from my parents but I didn't have any. 

"Are you okay? You seem a little off," Ethan said, glancing over at me. 

"I'm fine, just tired," I gave him a small smile. This decision has been pending for over a month now and the anxiety I feel just thinking about it is really scary. 

"That doesn't sound very convincing," he mumbled. 

"I'm okay," I huffed. The rest of the drive went by in silence until he pulled over in front of my house. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" He nodded. I got out and went up to my house, heading inside. I closed the door, locking it, tossed my bag on the floor, and leaned against the door with a heavy sigh. 

We might be moving. We might be leaving. 

Not this town or city, just this neighborhood. I don't understand why because this is our home, there shouldn't be any reason to leave. But apparently, there is. The reason being, my parents want change. 

It doesn't really matter how I feel ultimately, once they've made their decision, they've made their decision. If they say we're leaving, I'll have to. But the problem is, I really don't want to. This house isn't just a roof over my head, it's my home. It's my safe spot. It's where I grew up, where I've lived my whole life and I'm not ready to say goodbye to it. I may never be. 

Before my parents left, my mom told me she's going to be talking to my aunt, Cher, the one they're visiting, about what she thinks. And if we have to leave... it'll break my heart. And if we're not leaving the city or even this town, then what is the fucking point? 

I groaned, letting my hair down, heading to the kitchen but the doorbell rang. I clicked my tongue, opening the door, and seeing Ethan. "I uh, I'm locked out," he said. 

"Isn't your mom home?" 

He shook his head in response, "She's at work." 

I stepped aside and let him in, leading him to the kitchen. "Would you like to eat or drink anything?" I asked. 

"I'm good right now," he shook his head. 

"Okay," I said slowly while closing the fridge, grabbing orange juice for myself. 

"Why are you acting so off?" he asked. 

"I'm not," I scoffed. 

"Olivia," he sighed. I turned to face him. "I know you well enough to know when you're acting off, okay? So, don't pretend. What is up with you? You've been acting weird since lunch," he said, fidgeting with his phone. 

"Look, this is weird, okay? You're not my friend," I mumbled, putting the carton back in the fridge. 

"No, I'm your boyfriend. Just tell me, even if I'm not a friend, at least you're telling someone. At least you're getting it off your chest," he shrugged. 

"My parents texted me at lunch saying that they're gonna call me tonight. They've been thinking of moving for a while. Leaving this house," I said. 

He straightened up in his seat. "W-where would you go?" he questioned.