{13}

Chapter 13: (Olivia's POV)

Why did I just say that? Why did I just tell him that I don't actually hate him? 

So, the secret comes out. I don't hate him. I can't. I could never. Well, I could, I just choose not to. Yes, he is a pain in the ass. Yes, he's annoying. Yes, he's petty. Yes, he stole my first kiss, broke my ankle, and soaked me and my locker with water balloons. But he's Ethan Miles Archer. It's almost impossible to hate him. 

He's always in trouble but... regardless. He's so sweet, he's always grinning, always smirking, always flirting with everyone but I think that's just who he is. 

"Wait, you don't hate me?" he sputtered. 

"Why is that so hard for you to believe?" I asked, both of us stopping in the middle of the street. 

"Excuse me," a man said, pushing past us. Both of us stepped to the side, me leaning against the wall of a store, him standing right in front of me. 

"I just... you've sort of always... I don't know. I felt like it was a message I was reading loud and clear. You hate me," he shrugged. 

I shook my head, "I don't hate you. I had to at least act like it though. I thought you hated me. And anyway, you did everything you could to annoy me," I scoffed, "I always thought you were annoying, I still do. I just never... hated you," I shrugged, "I mean, you're not cruel. Just the Devil's Bellboy," I grinned. 

We both stayed silent and it was getting awkward so I was about to suggest going to the movies but apparently, Ethan thought it would be better if he kissed me. I nearly pushed him off because I was so confused as to what the hell he was doing but then I realized he was probably only doing it because Annabelle was watching or something. 

I took the chance while I had it and kissed him back, it's an opportunity I don't get every day but I really wouldn't mind having it that way. He's a good kisser. 

I pulled away moments after he deepened the kiss and looked across the street. I didn't see them there. "I think they left," I cleared my throat. 

"Yeah, I think they did," he mumbled, taking a step back. 

"Where were they?" I asked, running a hand through my hair. 

"What?" He blinked. 

"Weren't they looking?" I questioned. 

"Oh, yeah, yeah," he nodded, "They were at that store," he pointed to that direction randomly. 

"Oh, okay," I nodded in response. 

"Okay," he mumbled. 

"Okay, um, do you maybe wanna go to the movies, or do you have plans for today? I don't have anything to do at home," I said, changing the subject abruptly. 

"Yeah, no, I don't have any plans, we can go to the movies," he shrugged. So, we went to the movies. And sat there in the theatre next to each other, staring at the big screen. We weren't talking at all. 

Why is it so awkward? We've kissed before and it wasn't this awkward last time we did. I let out a breath, putting my arm on the armrest, immediately pulling it back when I found Ethan's hand already there. 

"Sorry," I mumbled. 

"You're fine," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling it over the armrest, holding his hand in mine. I turned to him. "You keep fidgeting with the cup holder, it's annoying," he mumbled, his eyes focused on the screen and the movie playing in front of us. 

"Sorry, I'll stop," I whispered. 

"Stop saying sorry, you didn't do anything," he chuckled. 

"Sorry," I mumbled.