Prologue

A/N: Hello, everyone! Note that the parts that are italicized are present tense, and the regular font is past tense. There are also situations/themes in this book that could be triggering to some people. Make sure to vote, comment, and share. Thank you.

~Katja

I sit there staring off into space. This place hasn't changed much over the years. It still has that same stupid neutral beige colored walls, a nice ratio of magazines to tables, the same sweet receptionist since I started coming here when I was 18, and somewhat comfy chairs.

    I can see how they are trying to promote comfort, but when you end up sitting here... Well, let's just say you're in a place where there isn't much that can make you feel better. 

     I hear a soft click and take a deep breath, attempting to steady my nerves.

"Good morning Ms. Bennet, It's great to see you again. Why don't you come on in."

I take another breath and look up into her soft brown analyzing eyes and timidly nod my head.

We sit there in that quiet room for what seems like forever, neither of us saying anything. That's how it usually went over the years. I sighed and put my head into my hands. I need to talk.

"So, are you ready to finally talk to me?" She broke the silence between us first. I just dramatically sigh as I finally look her in the eyes, seeing her eyebrow is quirked up.

"No... Yes... Okay, no, Maybe? Fuck, Nancy, I don't know. Is that what you want me to tell you? I know I need to, but where would I even start?"

She takes a breath herself, tapping her pen on her notepad. She then sits her notepad and pen to the side and crosses her legs. Her brown eyes bore straight into me and felt like they were reaching my soul. She cleared her throat, and I looked at her intently.

"I have a suggestion for you." I focus on her hoping to find all the answers that I can't seem to find in myself.

"Start from the beginning."