Chapter 3

My tears slowly came to a stop as my breathing started to become more regulated. I looked up at this stranger, and she looked back at me. I was expecting judgment and pity in her eyes, but I found the complete opposite.

"Thank you. I'm sorry you had to see that." I croaked out my voice, a little raw from crying. Wiping the remains of my tears away on my sleeves. She had a slight smile on her lips.

"Don't be sorry at all." I smiled a little back at her and drew in a deep breath as silence started to engulf us.

I hadn't realized how long we stayed up there till I noticed we were both shaking from the cold. Both of us dressed in summer clothing; however, the warm summer nights hadn't made their presence known just yet. My buzz had completely worn off. I sighed, watching my breath come to life in the cooling air.

"Hey, I have a great idea!" I got startled again as this stranger has once again broken silence out of nowhere, reminding me again that I wasn't alone. I looked up at her waiting for her to finish. When she didn't, I decided to ask.

"And what is this great idea?" I asked the Mystery woman. Her smile grew, and her eyes lit up like Christmas trees.

"Let's go downstairs and enjoy the rest of this party." She said, making it sound more like I didn't have a choice in the matter. I lightly chuckled.

"Do I have a choice?" She shook her head, no giving me a huge smile.

I genuinely smiled for the first time in a while as she gripped my hand, pulling me back downstairs.

Once we got down to the main level, you could feel the temperature start to rise. It got even hotter as we got closer to where everyone was dancing. We stop by the kitchen to get more drinks.

"What can I get you, two beautiful ladies, to drink?" the guy said with a wink. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"Something strong," I said bluntly. He looked at the Mystery woman beside me, and she nodded as well.

"I know just the thing!" He said with a huge smirk. He handed us a couple of shots to do while he made our drinks. We both took them back with somewhat ease and disgusted faces.

"Alright, here you both go. It's my special concoction. I highly suggest drinking slowly."

"Thanks again," I say, and we both turn to make our way to the dance floor when the bartender spoke up again.

"Do both of you want to try something really fun?" His eyes lit up mischievously. I quirked a brow.

"Is this 'really fun' really illegal?" I said with my own smirk. I looked over to see the Mystery woman observing me intently and winked at her before looking back at this guy. I don't know where this newfound confidence came from, probably the liquor, but it was worth it seeing her blush out of the corner of my eyes.

"The only question you need to be asking right now is, do you both want to have fun?" He shrugged with a smile.

I look back at the girl and lean in to whisper in her ear.

"What do you think? Do you want to have some fun?" She stiffened up. I don't think she was planning on our proximity. Slowly she nodded her head yes. I leaned away and looked at the guy.

"Sure. We want to have fun." His smile widened as he brought out a tin can from his pocket. He opened it up to reveal some whitish looking rocks. He gave each of us one.

"Alright, now just swallow those back and give it about 30-45 minutes to kick in."

The mystery girl and I looked at each other, shrugged then swallowed the rock back with our drinks. Giving the guy a final thanks and goodbye, we made our way to the room everyone was dancing in.