Chapter 8

The light filters through my window, forcing me awake. I shift away from Hope to check the time on my phone. It's only six in the morning. My eyes still feel all weird and puffy from crying. Every time I cry a lot, my eyes always feel weird; it feels like when you get your eyes dilated at the eye doctor. I sigh while flopping back over on my back, staring at the ceiling. I can't believe Hope saw me like that. I feel so self-conscious. I sigh harder and turn my face to look at Hope.

She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. I notice some freckles dusted over the bridge of her nose. I never noticed them before; they're so cute. It just makes her look even more beautiful than she already is. I don't know if I'll ever admit it out loud, but I'm glad she was here. This is the first time in forever that I actually got decent sleep. I observe her peaceful state, and the small rises and falls off her chest one more time before I get off the bed.

I quietly go downstairs and ask one of the maids to bring some breakfast upstairs. I tell them to try and not wake up Hope in the process. I make way into my shower and feel the hot water slowly loosen up the knots in my back.

Once I'm out of the shower, I brush my teeth and get dressed. As I'm going to walk out of my bathroom, I catch the smell of syrup. I feel my stomach growl at that moment. I didn't realize how hungry I was.

Walking out of the bathroom, drying my hair off with a towel, I make eye contact with a very much awake Hope scarfing down bites of her pancakes.

"Make sure to take a moment to catch your breath," I say, chuckling. She looked up at me, noticing she wasn't alone.

"You are honestly so adorable when you blush." She just blushes more as she gulps down the food in her mouth.

"Don't make fun of me." She pouted, making herself even more adorable.

"Stop looking at me like a puppy." She huffs, crossing her arms. I chuckle at her failed attempt of her trying to look serious and tough. I duck away from a pillow she launched at me, and I just bust out laughing. I could hear her lightly chuckling too.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it; you're just so adorable." She smiles up at me and continues to take a few more bites as I put my dirty clothes in the hamper. I grab myself a plate and sit up against my wall, looking towards Hope.

"Thank you again for last night. I'm still sorry you had to see that, but I'm glad you were here. It felt good waking up from that and not being alone." She reached out and grabbed my hand with a light squeeze.

"Don't ever be sorry. I'm always here for you, remember that." We smile at each other, then go back to eating our breakfast in silence.

Once we were done, I grabbed our dirty dishes and brought them downstairs to clean them, as Hope took a shower herself. I gave her some of my little sister Gina's clothes, knowing they would fit her. I know my little sister wouldn't mind; well, even if she did, she wouldn't even know. She goes to this prestigious school in Europe. I only see her for a month in July, a few days around Thanksgiving, a week at Christmas, and she usually does something with her friends during spring break. She takes her schooling very seriously; she has aspirations of becoming president one day. I honestly could see her achieving it.

I pull myself out of my inner thoughts as I enter my bedroom. I find Hope getting dressed. She didn't care about me seeing her get dressed, nor did it phase me seeing her get dressed. We've already seen each other naked; there's no going back from that. I sat down on my bed, scrolling through my phone. I kept flicking my gaze back and forth from looking at my phone and looking up at Hope, getting dressed. She has a gorgeous body. I snap my eyes back down; once I saw her turning towards me.