Chapter 24

"You know not many people can pull off the shaved head look, but you look gorgeous with a hint of badass." We all laughed at this. My parents and Hope's parents were in here with us.

"Delivery for Hope?" Finally!

"Here I'll sign for them, thank you." I signed for the flowers then walked over to Hope.

"Here, I got you your favorite flowers, Tiger Lilies." Hope took them and smiled widely.

"Thank you so much. You're truly amazing; you know that?" I just slapped the air.

"Oh, stop it." My mom snorted at this.

"Seriously, stop, her ego doesn't need to be inflated anymore than what it already is." Everyone laughed except me. I turned back to Hope.

"I'll always try to give you amazing." The door opened, and the whole atmosphere shifted.

"Alright, young lady, you ready?" I could feel Hope's grip on my hand tighten.

"As ready as I can be, I guess." The doctor smiled.

"Alright, well, you already know me, but this is my

surgical nurse Gina. She will be the one to bring you and your bald head back to the operating room." We all lightly chuckled at the bald head comment, but it didn't fully calm any of us down.

"Alright, go ahead and say your see ya later, and I'll see you back there," Gina said; she'll wait outside till we are done.

"Mom, Dad, I love you both very much. You've both been amazing parents. You know what to do if something happens." She then looked at my parents.

"You both have raised an amazing daughter, and I thank you for bringing her into this world. I'm very grateful to have met her. Now can you all give us a moment alone?" They nodded their heads, and each one came and kissed her on the head and said I love you before leaving the room.

"Hey there." Hope broke the silence first.

"Hey, you." Hope took in a deep breath and grabbed my hand.

"Thank you for everything. YOu helped me live more life in the past couple of months than I have my entire life. Now please, if something happens to me and I don't make it back, don't end your life. I need you to live, okay? Live. YOu will be reunited with Maddie and me one day. In the meantime, we'll watch over you, or you know, I'll be reincarnated as a superhero, and I'll save you again." We both lightly chuckled as tears were streaming down our faces.

"I promise you; I'm going to try. I'm going to try and open up more, but I don't know how well that will go. However, I will go to therapy; I'm not promising it'll help, but I'll go. But I also need you to go in there and fight to live too." I was holding both of her hands now.

"Oh, I am. YOu know better than anyone else. I broke that guy's nose, remember?" I just laughed loudly at this.

"I really do believe that boxing match corrupted you." She was laughing along with me now.

"Me? Corrupt? No, I'm an angel." She brushed her nonexistent hair over her shoulder in a diva manner. I smiled and shook my head, amused.

"Yeah, you are angelic." I leaned down and caressed her cheek.

"My angel," I whispered against her lips right before I kissed her. We heard someone clear their throat, and we pulled apart to see the nurse.

"Okay, it's time to go, Hope." She just nodded her head.

"See you later, alligator." I chuckled, feeling the tears pooling in my eyes.

"After a while, crocodile." She smiled and then began getting wheeled away.

"Wait!" I shouted as I ran out of the room.

"Please, can you stop wheeling her for just one second?" The nurse stopped.

"You have a minute." I immediately looked at Hope.

"You never got a chance to tell me what the last thing on your list was." Hope things then you could see a light bulb go off.

"Oh, right. It was for me to finally tell you that I'm in love with you." Hope smiled shyly and started to blush. I pulled her into me and kissed her deeply. I pulled away and stared into Hope's eyes, trying to remember every shade of green.

"I'm in love with you too." I kissed Hopes's forehead.

"Now, come back to me, okay?" Hope nodded her head.

"Okay." The nurse spoke up again.

"Okay, we have to go now. This is as far as you can go." I felt panic rising inside of me, but I tried my best not to let it reflect on the outside.

"We love you so much. Hope, we'll be right here." I didn't even realize Hope's parents were right behind me.

"I'm so in love with you, Hope Lynn Ross. I'll be right here too." Hope gave a small smile and disappeared behind the double doors