Chapter 7

"Hey there, gorgeous, what's got you zoning out?" I snapped back into the real world when I heard her concerned voice. I look over to her and give a small smile.

"I can't help it. I am so nervous about telling our parents. We've been together since we were thirteen. For five years, they never saw us as anything more than best friends. What if they're disgusted? What if they disown us?" I say faster than my mouth could keep up, as I hear some of my own words get jumbled together. We stop at a light, just as she turns to me and gently moves my face towards her for us to make eye contact.

"Just breathe, okay. We are doing this together, so no matter what happens, you are not alone." She turns back to the road as she continues talking.

"We still have a few months till we are telling them anyways. We've already put down the first month's rent for our apartment, so even if they kick us out, we can just go there. We are already done with our classes. We could just skip our walk and have them send our diplomas to us." I sighed with somewhat relief as I considered what she said. She was right; it's so far away from now. Even if they did disown us, she's right; we can just move in before we go to Europe for our backpacking trip instead of after.

"You're right. You're right. I'm sorry I convinced you to go home from the party early; I just couldn't do it anymore." I say, being genuine. I know she wanted to go to the party so badly because it was the last one before we had to chill out the rest of the school year. Even though it's only a few months, we don't want to take chances of losing our college scholarships. She put her hand on my thigh and lightly squeezed reassuringly.

"Baby, don't be sorry at all. Honestly, I kind of wanted to leave too. I don't want to take any chances, and we hung out there for a few hours. No reason to stay until the party is done." She said, and I saw her smile in my peripheral vision. I know she wouldn't mind, but I still feel a little bad.

"I love you, Maddie. I'm just so in love with you. I look forward to loving you, endlessly." I profess out of nowhere. I shyly looked over at her to see her fully smiling, and at that moment, I was in a trance. Her smile always stopped me in my tracks from whatever I was doing and thinking.

"Awe, baby. I am so in love with you too. One day I'm going to make you my wife. Then we're going to have a beautiful house, with a couple of kids, and a farm of animals. Then one day, we'll be old thanking our younger selves that we met each other and that our lesbian asses were brave enough to make a move." She lightly chuckled at the end. My Heart Skipped a beat, and everything just seemed to slow down. I'm so happy; I'm so lucky, I'm so grateful, I'm so in love.

"Give me a kiss." She said, smiling, bringing me out of my trance once again. I smile as I lean over to kiss her. I barely brush her lips when we both notice a light getting bigger, brighter, and getting closer to us. We both looked forward, seeing a pair of headlights swerve into our lane. Maddie swerved right, but the car still made an impact.

"Maddie!" I jolted up, out of my sleep. Gulping in air. I look over and see a figure. I can't tell you what it is, because my eyes are so blurry. I feel so disoriented. I feel hands start to wrap around me, and I immediately pull my body back away.

"No, I don't want to leave her. Don't make me leave her!" I shouted out. I feel the warmth wrap around me as I'm brought closer into its clutches.

"Shh. I'm here. It's okay." A soothing voice spoke. I felt one of their arms wrapped around me, holding me towards them, rubbing up and down my back gently. The person's other hand, I felt holding my head into their shoulder. I could feel the sobs wrack through my body before everything went black.

I woke up to find myself wrapped around someone's body, with my head on their chest. I lifted myself to see who it was. Oh, it's Hope. Wait, what is she doing here? How does she know where I live? I shake her awake.