51: Meeting Zeus

The first thing Elle felt was the warmth of a soft light. Then came the fresh wind as she raised her head to see herself on the same mountain as in her dream. She glanced down finding the same blue dress. The flowers covering the mountainside like a blanket. Their scent combining to smell heavenly.

Was this my afterlife, Elle thought to herself, There must be more to it.

She took a step forward and glanced around for anyone else. The light behind her receded as the Underworld drifted further away. There was no turning back.

Elle found herself at the beach as the waves came crashing into shore. They soaked through the bottom of her dress, but Elle remained unaffected. The salty sea air brought back memories of her time on the Jolly Roger with her father and their crew. The late nights drinking and learning how to wield a sword. They were unforgettable.

Elle turned around as her mind continued to linger on the past. Her first time in Neverland. Meeting the heroes in Storybrooke. Finding her father once again. It was like a million polaroids were going through her mind at that exact moment.

She heard a whiny and saw Pegasus flying towards her. She ran over and it nuzzled her face.

"Hey buddy," she smiled, "Did you miss me?"

The flying horse nickered in response. He turned and lowered himself to the ground. Elle petted its mane and spoke, "Let me guess, you want me to go on your back?"

She did so and without warning, Pegasus took off. Elle watched the mountainside of flowers and sun grow smaller. She ascended to the clouds that were enveloped by a golden light. She let out a cheer as Pegasus flew through the skies. If this were a movie, she imagined an orchestra reaching its crescendo as Pegasus flew. Elle never felt more alive. She lifted her arms and enjoyed the ride. She could not help but be curious as to where Pegasus was taking her.

The horse made its descent and landed on a marble platform flanked by pristine, marble pillars. The white clouds surrounded her as she dismounted. She gave Pegasus a pat on the face, "Thank you, friend. I'll never forget you."

Pegasus let out a sound before taking to the skies once again. Elle looked ahead wondering what was up ahead for her. Whatever it may be, she knew she had nothing else to lose.

As she walked deeper into the pillars, her mind went to Peter. He would never move on. That is, if he were still in existence. A single tear went down her face. She released a troubled sigh, now was to the time to look back. One could only move forward.

"We've been waiting for you," a female's voice greeted.

Elle saw the familiar figure and her eyes widened, "Persephone?"

The goddess walked towards Elle who was shocked by the sight. She gave Elle a sad smile and wrapped her arms around the young woman.

"I'm deeply sorry for all the pain and suffering we have put you through," Persephone apologized.

She released her hold on Elle who found herself unable to hold back what tears were left. Persephone only smiled as she comforted the young girl who went through hell and back only to lose everything in the end. When Elle managed to recompose herself, she asked the goddess, "How can this be? I thought you were a part of me?"