56: A Wedding for the Ages

The day finally arrived and Elle felt an uneasiness in her stomach. She shook her head and thought to herself, You've faced literal hell, but it's your own wedding that makes you terrified. A smile grew on her face as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. 

Belle was placing her hair back into an elegant twist. As she wove white flowers into her hair, she asked Elle, "Are you excited?"

Elle nodded her head, "I am, but I am also quite nervous."

"This is your moment," Belle said softly, "Just take a deep breath and relax."

"The preparations weren't as smooth as I thought it would be," Elle frowned.

In truth, she should've expected it. Mary Margaret, Regina and surprisingly Hook had their differences when it came to planning a wedding. Her father suggested they rent out a boat and all the rum in town. Regina outright refused his ideas. Mary Margaret wanted to have a white theme and again Regina shook her head. The three of them bickered until a compromise was made. 

And where had she and Peter been during this entire ordeal? 

Well... They were working in the restaurant and hiding from each other. Each tried to shirk their duties to the other until they realized no one was doing anything. That game ended in a draw as they both wanted to marry each other, but wouldn't be able to if there was no wedding. Eventually they accepted the responsibility in planning a wedding. 

In the end, they made a pretty good team. Elle dealt with the venue and Peter the food. Of course, he expressed his nervousness about going to the tailor with her father for a suit. Elle just teased him before realizing that she'd rather be with them than with the women. 

As much as she was grateful for them, she learned they did not have the same styles. Regina suggested Elle wear a mermaid gown. Elle tried and felt like she couldn't move or breathe. Mary Margaret went all out on a princess gown and Elle was lost in the fabric. Emma had Elle tried on a long sleeve dress with a slit. Elle remembered looking at the dress and it just wasn't her. 

She was about to give up when she spotted a dress that called out to her. As she put it on, she felt at ease. It was a lace bodice with two thin straps and off the shoulder lace sleeves. The lace bodice flowed seamlessly into an aline gown with a slight train. It reminded her of a wedding dress worn at sea yet it also was elegant. 

The day of the bachelorette party was also fun. They had rented out the local bar and long story short, a few things happened. Elle and Tinker Bell started drunk singing at the top of their lungs, Mary Margaret and Regina had a heart to heart and Emma ended up in a cell at the Sheriff's station. 

From what she heard from Peter, he was out drank by her father who had to be carried home by David. Nothing else was mentioned since Peter couldn't seem to remember. She rolled her eyes at the thought. It was a miracle they ended up back at their apartment. 

"There," Mary Margaret finished adding the finishing details, "Now she looks like a real bride."

Elle gasped in shock. The veil was clipped into her hair with the flowers and it flowed all the way to the ground. She looked so grown up. She wore her signature necklace. The gold chain with the leaf engraved into a heart. Peter's message, may we have eternity. Her cheeks reddened at the memory from so long ago. 

"Are you ready?" Emma asked her.

Elle nodded.

"I wonder what your vows will sound like," Mary Margaret fantasized. 

Elle's smile vanished from her face, "Vows?"

Mary Margaret nodded her head, "At a wedding, you are supposed to tell each other your vows. You did write vows, didn't you?"