𝟒. 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐭

The studio door creaked open following Tessa's words. 

Ray Molina appeared with one of his work cameras in hand. Tessa's smile fell from her lips at the sight. They'd talked long enough for Julie, Flynn, and Carlos to be dropped off at school, and seeing as her dad had two hours before work; he had time to take pictures of the studio for the website.

Gnawing on the inside of her cheek, Tessa didn't pay much attention to her dad accidentally walking through Reggie and him saying he had a kind heart. Her thoughts were once more turbulent. 

It went from Julie singing and seeing her back to why this all happened in the first place; her family was moving. Her childhood home was going to be vacant and she feared that she was attached to the home, to the studio just like the guys apparently seemed to be.

"Hey, Tess?" Luke called, gently running his hand along the length of her arm. He felt warmth flood throughout his body at the feel of her sweater beneath his calloused hands. The urge to take hold of her hand again washed over him but he didn't want to be any weirder than he probably already had been so he pulled his hand away when she looked up at him.

"Who,-" Luke was cut off by the man with dark short silver hair speaking as he began taking pictures of the studio.

Ray smiled, glancing at his camera. "So, how've ya been?" He spoke aloud snapping another picture. "Tessa, you better not be up on the loft's railing again, you know what happened last time." He chuckled.

"I fell," "You fell." 

Ray and Tessa spoke in unison both grinning at the memory. She'd only done it because Piper dared her to do something crazy and daring, she ended up breaking her arm for the first time ever an eleven-year-old Piper Wilson had been convinced she'd killed Tessa Molina's chances of becoming a famous musician.

"Wow, that sounds like fun," Reggie grinned before shaking his head. "Well, actually, we're not doing so good and I don't think Tessa is either? See, we ate these bad hot dogs and Tessa,"

Ray shook his head as he took a picture of the sofa. "Julie sang for the first time today, I think she had the help of her online friend. She never said the girl sang, but they almost sounded like our girls singing again." He crossed the studio, running his hand gently all along the piano.

Reggie blinked. "Oh, oh!" He laughed and shot a look at the others. "He, he's not talking to us, sorry Tessa. I guess it's your dad?" He grinned brightly as Tessa nodded, moving to stand next to her dad who was played a few keys before shaking his head and stopping.

Luke sighed. "You are so lucky you can play bass." He ended up grinning and shaking his head as he pulled on his sleeveless blue hoodie. Reggie only peered at him in confusion.

Alex nodded. "Pretty sure he's talking to Julie and Tessa's mom." He shot a look at Tessa who stood next to him. "And you, sorry." He winced, hoping he hadn't hurt her but the smile she offered told him they were good.

"I'm glad she's got another friend outside of Flynn, it's good for her you know?" Ray shook his head. "Tessa would be proud of her, you both would be." His voice trembled.

Shaking his head, Ray cleared his throat and lifted his camera. "Oh, uh, sorry Tessa but I'm not taking pictures for the wall." He grinned and snapped a few more photos. "I'm actually taking them for the real estate website."

"I know dad," Tessa ignored the boys. "You're making the right call but you've got the shutter on for that last one." She laughed softly as Ray realized his mistake and chuckled before turning it off and taking another photo.