𝟖. 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

"A weekend off! Yes!" Julie celebrated, dropping her backpack onto the floor of her bedroom. "And the calculus test was pushed back until next Friday." She tossed in, sitting on her bed and crossing her legs.

"That's great!" Tessa smiled despite her focus being trained on Alex and how she was attempting to style his hair. It was far too feather-soft so she was really just combing it. "Luke'll be happier to hear that, he's been going on and on about writing more songs for the band."

Alex watched Tessa's eyes glisten at the mention of the stubborn songwriter. "Yeah, he's also started pestering Tessa to show off her guitar skills, she's putting up a good fight, I'm impressed."

Julie flopped back onto her bed. "He's so stubborn, how do you not go insane?" She rolled over and stared at them. "What are you guys doing anyway?"

It'd been a few days since Tessa finished Piper's song with the help of Luke and Reggie. Ever since then, Julie realized the guys and her big sister were like this unbreakable goofy group. It made her smile and happy to know Tessa wasn't alone while she was at school. Though she didn't get how her sister could handle Luke for more than a few hours.

Last night she was doing her homework in the studio and the entire time she'd had to deal with Luke pestering her about the band and her sister. Tessa had apparently left with Alex to meet his ghost friend for the day and that was enough to cause Luke to turn into an annoying older brother; at least Julie figured he'd be her annoying older brother with the way he watched her sister.

"He's like Piper," Tessa shrugged. "He gets an idea and can't do much of anything else until he gets it out of his head."

She'd learned a lot about Sunset Curve now that it'd been a week since they'd arrived. In that time she learned that Reggie and she were certainly the dorks that smiled or giggled at nothing. She and Alex had enough anxious nerves coursing between them to cover the whole band and she and Luke seemed to do everything they could for the people or things they cared about.

"Yeah, but Piper at least went home, Luke always seems,-" Julie was cut off by Reggie's arm phasing through her door and knocking. "Come in." She sighed, watching as Reggie tripped through the door and Luke strolled in, his hazel gaze flickering over her before settling on Tessa.

"Hey, Julie!" Reggie grinned, sauntering toward her and flopping down onto his stomach next to her. "How was school?"

Luke rolled his eyes at their conversation. "What are you guys doing?" He wondered, watching Tessa comb through Alex's hair as he sat on a stool brought in from the kitchen. "Julie's home which means we can," He faltered as Alex shot him a look and Tessa hummed.

"Alex is meeting up with Willie to learn how to skateboard." Tessa had pushed and pushed for Alex to spend time with Willie. 

Not only was the blond getting answers but he was able to breathe and experience things beyond music. While music was everyone's greatest love, Tessa knew that in death it never hurt to do different things rather than focus on one thing for any length of time; it's how you'd get poltergeists or she was certain anyway.

Luke groaned but rolled his eyes as she lightly slapped his arm. "That's great man, I'm glad you've got a ghost guy but come on, we need the drummer to write these songs and you get anxious if you think we're springing things on you last minute."

Tessa didn't let Alex speak. "It'll be okay, Luke. Besides, Julie is spending tonight and tomorrow night with Flynn and Reggie said he wanted to go to watch their star wars marathon." She watched as Luke's eyes widened and he spun to look at Julie and Reggie who tensed.