Chapter XXXX

Eden

Amor was on him the second his feet hit solid ground. Her hands ran over his skin inspecting, checking for wounds. He hissed as her fingers brushed his ribs. Her small hands instantly attempted to pull his shirt up, but he stopped them. She resisted, tugging. 

Ouch. He gasped, "Not now, 'Mor." His eyes flitting meaningfully to the new soldiers. 

Understanding appeared in her eyes and she stepped back taking his hand.  

Adira, who was leaning on Cassie for support, was speaking, "-elcome to the Pack. You're welcome to find lodging here or return to your original packs. We only ask that if you can, you help us with the fight and help us convince your packs. Any information you can provide would be extremely helpful."

"Make no mistake, while nobody here will hurt you, nobody here believes in the best of you either. You've made your mistakes just as we've made ours. It is on ourselves to redeem us and gain each other's trust." Adrian finished, his jaw tight. His leg was bleeding profusely, and Eden started to walk towards him before Sana twisted his fingers and the wound knitted together. Huh. It sure was good to have that Lycan around.

"Any person's wishing to fight can join practice tomorrow at sunrise. Lodging can be found in fairgrounds or the nearby town. Please excuse us." Cassie spoke, her hand still supporting her Luna. 

Eden watched the wolves files out of the room quietly before his eyes caught Ahsan. He called to him. Ahsan moved towards Eden, guarded but quiet.

When the last of the soldiers had left the room, Eden suddenly turned with his knife on Ahsan's throat. "Why are you here?"

Ahsan hissed, his gun pressing on Eden's ribs, "What do you mean, Beta?"

Adira gasped, "Eden, they're welcome here and you know it!"

Eden did not look to his Luna, "This soldier fought me on the ground and plunged his dagger into me. I didn't say anything when we were leaving because I wanted him for interrogation."

Amor let out an inaudible shriek.

Adrian growled, pushing Adira behind him.

Drystan blurred, standing in front of Cassie, who tried to shove him away.

Amricus tried to stand in Kaifa, who rolled her eyes.

The atmosphere tensed, the air stifling.

In the back of his mind, Eden wondered why Sebastian was not providing him with backup against the intruder. He shifted on his feet as his wounds started to make their presence felt.

Eden felt some of the pain in his body melt away, and he grunted his thanks to Sana. 

He pressed his dagger further up the dark-skinned male's throat. "Cassie will have a field day with you." He flashed his fangs. 

"No, she won't," Cassie interrupted quietly, pushing herself away from a crestfallen Drystan. 

Eden's hold loosened and he looked to his friend, confused. 

Cassie merely looked at Sebastian with sad eyes. 

Eden turned his attention to him. Seb looked a little different. He couldn't quite put his finger on it-

"His eyes," Amor breathed. "Oh my god, Seb. He's your mate."

Eden's eyes met Sebastian's now-brown eyes and his dagger fell onto the ground with a loud clang. He moved two steps backward in shock.