Chapter XXXXVII

Amor

Amor opened the door, her keys jingling, as she balanced the plate of food on the other hand. "Eden you'll never guess what-"

She paused as the door fully opened and she saw her mate dressed in a tuxedo.

"-I got you," she finished. "What's going on?"

Eden smiled at her.

She smiled back, confused. 

"I want to marry you," he stated clearly. 

She stared back, even more confused, teasing, "It's good that we're engaged then, yeah?"

Eden snorted, "No as in, I'm marrying you right now."

Amor almost dropped her plate of food. "What?"

Eden's legs shook restlessly. He was nervous

She walked closer to him, noticing the streamers taped in the living room along with the white and gold balloons. 

"What's going on, baby?" she whispered.

"I'm marrying you," he whispered back. 

"Damn," Amor muttered, "and here I thought my surprise of your favourite chocolate eclairs would be today's big thing."

"You got eclairs?" Eden's eyes lit up. 

Amor grinned, "I did. Did you get priest I can't see or...?" 

Eden took the plate from her hand, putting it carefully on the table. Then he pulled her to him by her waist, proudly showing her a piece of paper. 

Amor laughed, "You're officially allowed to marry people, I see. This certificate looks very legit," she teased. 

Eden tweaked her nose. "I didn't want it to be anyone but us. Just in case..."

Amor looked up meeting his eyes. Green and Blue. Amor and Eden.

"In case, tomorrow goes bad. I don't want to die without doing the thing I've dreamt of since fourth grade," He finished. 

Tears filled her eyes as she pushed at her chest, "Nothing's going to happen to us, Eden. We're going to grow old together, remember? You promised me that when you first became a warrior."

Eden grinned, though it lacked his usual carefree spirit, "Then I'll marry you properly the day after tomorrow I promise."

"But today," he said, fixing a veil on her hair, "we marry like this."

Amor grabbed his hand, joining their marks. 

He smiled at her, "Guess we should start our vows then."

"You suck at this marrying thing. Don't quit your day job."

"I'll go first," he said, ignoring her teasing. "Amor."

He looked at her, eyes roaming her face as if he wanted to memorize every inch. 

"I have loved you for as long as I can remember. Perhaps longer than that. I loved you the first time I met you. The first time I looked at you. The first time you allowed me the privilege of loving you, of knowing you, of touching you. I loved you the first time I punched Roy for pushing you. I loved you the first time you ratted out complex information, information that my brain could not comprehend. It intimidated other boys, but to me, it only made you sexy."

He winked at her before he grew somber. "You have been my greatest joy. If I die tomorrow, leaving will you be my greatest regret. That is because you are magic, my love. Every moment with you has been a moment I have cherished. Being loved by you has been my greatest privilege. I really should have written this down," he grinned wryly. 

Tears were running down Amor's face as she shook her head. She was beyond words. She pulled him into a tight hug. 

"You'll ruin my tux!" He cried out, ruining the moment. 

Amor pulled away, rolling her eyes. 

Nevertheless, she went next, "You are an idiot. The biggest idiot."

Eden looked like he was going to protest but Amor beat him to it, "But you are my idiot. When I was four, you were my doctor, my pretend groom, my playmate. When we were six, and till the end of our school days, you were the idiot whose homework I completed even though you never asked me. I found it endearing that you would struggle but never push more work on me. As if you were the only one who truly saw that this big brain was also a burden. When we were twelve you were my first boyfriend. You were also the boy who got me in trouble because you didn't let anyone bully me and kept hitting them. When we were sixteen, you were my first kiss. Then the prom, and then you were my mate."

"My first ever mate," she teased with a twinkle in her eye. Eden smiled, his eyes glistening. 

She smiled back, "No words can express our love. It is eternal as if even when our bodies are distant memories who have returned to earth, our abstract souls will remain and roam the Earth. And within them, our love will burn alive, forever."

Eden spoke, his voice husky. "Do you, Amor Carter, take Eden Cooper to be your lawfully wedded husband as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Amor whispered, her tears spilling over again. 

"I, Eden Cooper, take Amor Carter to be my lawfully wedded wife as long as we both shall live."

He took a deep breath, "Then I declare us husband and wife."

With that he cupped her jaw, taking her mouth and Amor knew that her dry spell was finally coming to an end.