༄𝗵𝘂𝗴𝘀 + 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝘁༄

it seemed like the days had gone by like nothing, before i knew it the day of their arrival came, i woke up to toby pacing back and forth across my room.

"toby..?" i groan, rolling over to face the direction he was pacing in and rubbing my eyes.

"oh sorry cassidy, did i wake you up?" he says, rushing over to the bed and sitting beside me, crossing his legs.

"no you didn't? but calm down. you're anxious about our friends getting here today, huh?" i inquire, pulling his head into my lap and playing with his hair. "it'll be okay, we've got a little while to clean up and make ourselves look presentable, they get here at 3 and it's only 1:30. " i say, in an attempt to comfort him.

"we've got to pack, too." he says, glancing up at me. i raise my eyebrows, pushing my hair out of my face quickly. "wilbur said he's taking us on a suprise trip, we'll be staying in a hotel for two nights."

i push tubbo slightly to get him to sit up and quickly jump up from my bed, scurrying across the room and pulling a backpack and duffel bag down from the top of my closet. "why do i only know these things two hours before they happen" i say, shoving clothes into the bag. i hear him laugh as he walks out of the room to presumably clean up the rest of the house, i notice his packed bag by my door and sigh. shoving some more coordinated outfits in the bag and laying one out beside them to wear for the day. i rush into my bathroom and quickly do my makeup, shoving all my toiletries into a bag and throwing them onto the bed beside my other bags. i check the time,

2:50

"fuck.." i mumble not realizing i took that long, to get dressed and all. i quickly look at myself in the mirror.

i nod, quickly slipping on some white platform sneakers and setting my bags beside toby's on the ground

the exact moment i set my bags down, i hear the doorbell ring. i feel my stomach drop as i rush into the hallway, only to find tubbo standing in front of the door, frozen. i walk up behind him and give him a quick pay on the back. he snaps back into reality and nods, i hear him swallow nervously and open the door.

we are immediately greeted by niki, she yells, dropping her small bunny backpack and immediately pulling toby and i both into a tight hug. i feel us all begin to shake slightly, and i sniff, already beginning to feel the tears run down my cheeks. i pull myself out of niki's grasp and run behind her, to where wilbur stood, upon me springing toward him he shoves his phone into his pocket and opens his arms. i practically jump onto him, reaching up and wrapping my legs around his waist. "hey cassie.." i hear him mumble into my shoulder. i just sniff and bury my head harder into his in return.

after a tearful greeting with wilbur and niki, i find tommy, who's standing by the car. i smile at him. we'd been talking more and more over text the past week and him and i had grown to be pretty good friends. something about us just clicked. as tubbo greets wilbur i pull tommy into a tight hug. he wraps his arms around me tightly and we rock from side to side.

"nice to finally meet you c." he says, resting his head on top of mine. i nod into his chest, letting go and looking up at him. "now come help me put my bags in the car." i offer up with a mischievous grin. he sighs, but nods.

i pull him by his hand into my bedroom, picking up the bags and handing them to him. i notice his face is redder than it was outside, but i just brush it off. we carry toby and i's bags outside and shove them into the trunk of the car wilbur had driven here. i toss my switch, and phone charger into the back middle seat. i knew i'd end up between tubbo and tommy, since i had no doubt niki and wilbur would take turns driving at some point.

tommy tells me to go ahead and get into the car, i hadn't noticed before but there was a little brown paper bag in both toby and i's seats. i open mine and find an ultra red monster and some sour gummy worms.
"YES!!!" i scream, "MY FAVORITE."

"you're welcome." tommy giggles, hopping into the car beside me, i feel tubbo press into my side as well and niki and wilbur hop in the front. i crack open my monster as we pull off of my road, i offer tommy a sip, and he takes one, offering to hold my can for me so i coukd okay mario galaxy on my switch.

-

a couple hours pass, toby has passed out by a long shot, he'd been asleep practically since he got into the car up until now, and i didn't see any point in waking him up until we reached the hotel. tommy still has his head rested on my shoulder. every time i would die he'd take the switch and have a turn. in the middle of the surfing mini game galaxy the switch gives me a 5% battery warning.
"fuck." i say quietly, pausing the game and pressing the power button so it wouldn't fully delete my progress in the galaxy. tommy muffles a laugh with his hand and picks his head up off my shoulder. i check my phone quickly before opening spotify and handing tommy an airpod. i turn the volume to a decent amount and begin to play sweater weather by the neighborhood. he smiles down at me,
"i love this song!" he whispers, and reaches his hand out, spreading his fingers. i take a breath, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly before resting my head on his shoulder.

"wake me up when we get to the hotel, okay?"