𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

everyone say "i love u honk" for updating this shit so mf quick. ur lucky i'm not tired and bored as shit.

"cassidy??"

i look up, giving the blonde boy a warm smile.

"evan!!" i whisper, yell, looking at the boy softly. "i didn't know you worked in the café!" i say, the tears threatening to fall. he reminded me of tommy. so much.

he must've noticed immediately. "cass? you good, hon?" he asks, giving me a concerned glance. i simply nod, gripping my skateboard tighter.

he huffs, his eyes rapidly switching between me and his co-worker. he lets out a sigh, untying his apron from the back and folding it, shoving it under the counter.

"ryan?" he calls, and then sighs, "fuck, i forgot again." evan leans over, tapping the boy on the shoulder. "he's deaf." evan explains, pointing to the pin on his apron.

the caramel-skinned boy gives both evan and i a quick smile, he runs his hands through his tight curls before giving evan a tilt of the head. as if asking, what's up.

even takes in a deep breath, "how do i ask this.. uhh." he begins pointing at me, and to the apron.

the light skinned boy still gives evan a confused stare, signing what i recognized as "what?" in ASL.

it suprised me that he knew ASL, since we were in the UK, but i quickly take over for evan, my hands moving slowly, yet knowingly.

can evan get off for the rest of the night? he is a friend of mine, and we are most likely going to dinner. i sign, struggling a bit on some portions, but getting the point through to the boy.

ryan nods, giving me a wide, suprised grin.

sure! he signs back. are you deaf? you seem to hear just fine. he says, his hands moving far smoother than i could ever wish mine to.

i'm not deaf, i admit, i've always wanted to work at a school for the deaf though. and my niece was, i learned for her. i explain.

that's very cool! ryan returns, before turning toward the coffee machine and grabbing a slip of paper. he scribbled something down on it before handing it to me, folded. text me. he signs with urgency.

i nod, shoving the paper in my pocket. evan steps out of the counter, with my coffee still in his hand.

the boy behind the counter gives me one last concerned look. be careful around evan. his girlfriends never seem too happy. you are too nice for him. he says, and i can see he means it.

i sign a quick thank you, for the coffee, and the advice. and follow evan to a two person table, where he sets down my iced coffee and pulls my seat out for me.

i give him a smile, sitting down, crossing my legs.

"so what brings you here?" he asks, his voice remaining in monotone the whole time.

"oh nothing. just needed a bit of time to skate. to think." i admit, taking a sip of the coffee. i choke up a bit, it had been a few days since i'd had anything that flavorful without immediately throwing it back up.

i set the coffee down gently, crossing my hands over one another.

"well. what did you think about? i noticed you looked upset when you came in. something happen, you and tommy okay?" he asks, and i tense up.

"we had a fight." i admit. "nothing serious. just. cant talk to him right now is all." i lie through my teeth. i don't know what evan is thinking, but based on the look he gave me, i knew it wasn't the same thing i was.

"about what?" he asks, looking at me with what i assumed to be curiosity mixed with concern.

"um. he went out with some other chick, when i really needed him." i say, trying to give the least amount of details as possible.

evan nods, his smile fading.

"i'm very sorry cassidy. you deserve better." he says, touching my hand gently.

i flinch slightly at his touch, but soften up when i realize he wasn't going to hurt me.

"thank you evan." i say, looking over his shoulder, outside of the café window. it had begun to get dark, the sun slowly setting outside.

evan turns to look behind him as well, his eyebrows raising.

when he noticed the sun, he immediately stood up, grabbing me by the hand and dragging me along behind him.

i grab my coffee, following him outside the coffee shop, to the table under the small pagoda that sat near the edge of the water.

he sits down, letting go of my hand. and i do the same.

we sit silently for a few moments, before evan tells me to sit still.

"here." he says, grabbing my phone out of my pocket gently, making sure not to touch me, and snapping a picture of me.

liked by WilburSoot, NihaChu, and 9012 others loveyc: thanks for the coffee, @ evanricls2517

loveyc: thanks for the coffee, @ evanricls2517

comments have been disabled for this post.