𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

since some ppl are a bit confused about cassidies dynamic and conflict in the last few chapters, let me try and explain it myself, just simplified.

the day tommy left to hang out with jessie, it would not have been a big deal if he were to have told cassidy.

the important bit here is he didn't even tell them goodbye. he didn't let her know at least an hour or so beforehand, which made it seem more secretive than it was meant to come across as. cassie was already feeling insecure, and threatened because of what was going on, and in the moment she felt like tommy had abandoned them, and has perfect reason to be mad.

YES, she overreacted, but they have perfect reason to. and yea, tommy was far too harsh, but you can imagine how much stress they were both under.

as for cassidy and evan/amelias dynamic,

if cassidy felt like they had free will, she would not be going back to see them nearly everyday.

it is implied, but we don't directly see it, that they have information like wilbur' address, and some of the other friends of cassidys personal information, which could be detrimental, because wilbur is still a very successful streamer in this story.

she has the option to return home, but they ultimately decide against it, because she doesn't know if they can handle seeing the traces of tommy that were left behind when they went to wilbur's house.

what cassidy is experiencing is a cycle of abuse, and if you have never been in a situation like that before i understand it can be hard to comprehend, but she feels helpless, and like she cannot leave the situation. they also deep down feel like they can help evan, because he reminds them of tommy.

for those worried about cassidy, no, i will never allow them to digress more than they already are, wilbur will discover the bruise on her face and confront evan.

this story has a happy ending. don't worry.

if you have any questions ask them here! love you all. <3