Anonymous Note

Adjusting two cups of espresso I advanced towards Vivian's desk where he was setting up his presentation for the upcoming review meeting. Holding the cups solidly I pushed the door with my hips and entered myself in the cabin. I set close to him and gave him an espresso.

"This time it won't be simple," Vivan said.

"Why, what happened?" I asked.

"New marketing plan from the contender is hitting us gravely. Our business numbers for the last quarter are the most noticeably awful over the recent 6 years. The boss will be going to kill me this time."

"He is not content with me and this quarterly meeting will allow him to undermine me."

"Relax Vivan, don't worry everything will be all right. I am sure, you must have figured out a good strategy to boost sales."

"No, it's not so easy, on the contrary, the manager is behind me, searching for a chance to scold me. You know what? Mr. Saxena does not like me personally he has some issues with me."

"What Issue?" I inquired.

"Long story, I will reveal to you some other day. Let me finish the presentation for the review meeting."

"I am ravenous Vivan; we should go out for dinner." The time was 07:30 p.m. and only two of us were in the workplace. Vivan was making his data and I remained in the office to give him a company. I didn't have anyone sitting tight for me at my home here in Mumbai as such.

I unexpectedly close his PC so he had no real option except to accompany me for a meal.

Within two months of my joining, we both had become excellent companions so I set out to shut down his computer without his consent.

"Alright, let me freshen up and then we will go and take our dinner." Vivan surrendered himself and went to the restroom. I wrapped up my work area while suddenly I saw a vanilla coloured envelope at my work station.

I took the paper in my grasp with interest. Just my name was composed. I failed to discover the sender's name on the cover. I opened the envelope with perplexed eyes. Quickly I shouted for Vivan as I read.

"What's the deal, for what reason you are yelling?" Vivan ran from the bathroom and came to me in a matter of seconds. I demonstrated to him the note I found near to my computer. A mysterious letter says "WELCOME TO MUMBAI. HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME IN MUMBAI. SEE YOU SOON." I was stunned to consider it to be on my desk as I don't have the foggiest idea who kept it there.

The envelope was sent to our organization's post box number. It came to me subsequently by our admin office. Whatever, who the person could be? Why that individual had mailed me a welcome note? Do I know him? So many questions had crossed my mind.

"Someone is playing a prank with you, don't take it seriously, we will discover soon." Vivan tried to make things normal. He took a gander at the note fastidiously and trying to recognize.

Since it was a computer print so he couldn't perceive the handwriting.

I was truly shocked and lost in my thoughts as who would most likely do this to me? I knew not many individuals in the workplace and that note wasn't there toward the beginning of the day or perhaps until around five o'clock.

"Is anyone giving you danger in the recent past?" He asked.

"No. Nothing that kind of happened previously." I said.

"Then for what reason would you say you are so disturbed? That's only a note and excessively a better than average one. You are overthinking, be quiet it's only a welcome letter. Somebody is simply joking with you." Vivan said to me.