The Chowpatty

That devil woke me up again. I still need a good amount of sleep when my devil-some alarm burst in my ears. I opened one eye and look outside of the window. It was a bright sunny day. I gathered all my courage and woke up in bed.

Sun raises from the crack between the curtains were pouring on my body. My legs were shining like gold pipes. I got up and went inside the bathroom. A bright yellow bulb almost blinded me as soon as I switched on the light.

I rub my eyes with the back of my hands and I discovered a second person was with me in the bathroom. She was standing right in front of me. I got scared looking at a witch-like face.

My heart skipped a few beats until I realized that it was none other than but me standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom. I sigh while trying to comb my hair with my fingers.

I tightly closed my eyes and clenched my teeth and started brushing them. Quickly I took a bath and got ready for the office. I looked at myself in the mirror and checked if everything was perfect. Smoothing down any creases from my top looking in the mirror.

Quickly, I made myself a coffee and then rushed out of the home to reach the office on time. Surprisingly, the pain in my leg was smoothened. I could walk properly that no one even makes it out that yesterday I was only able to walk five feet in twenty minutes.

For a change, I plugged earphones in my ears and put them on the full volume. I want it loud enough that I couldn't hear any damn thing around me.

As a habit, I was checking my messages on the way to the office. And with no surprise, I found one unread message from Siddharth. My heart was pumping at the double speed as I opened it.

Siddharth: "Good morning Isha, hope your leg is fine by now."

Me: "Yes, It's fine now. I can even dance."

Siddharth: The other day you want to jump off the cliff and today you want to dance? Are you crazy or what?

Me: Ya, I am crazy. Since childhood. :)

I was feeling happy after a long time. You glow differently when you are actually happy. It pops up on your face.

"Good morning Ramdas." I waved my hand to the security guard at the entrance of my office building.

"Good morning Isha mam. "Kya Baat hai, Aaj aap bahut khush lag rahi ho." He reciprocates.

I smiled and said nothing but continue moving towards the escalator.

I set on my desk and started my work. It was around 10:30 am and the admin guy approached me.

"Isha madam, this one is for you." the guy handed over me the white envelope and moved further.

I make it out instantaneously that it was another anonymous note. As I am familiar with the size and the colour of the envelope by now.

I opened the envelope beneath my desk so no one could see what I was holding in my hands. It was again a coffee date. I took a deep breath and could not understand what to do now.

Does this have any connection with the Vivan's death? Why the person keeps me inviting for a coffee date but doesn't appear? What should I do? Should I go or not?

I could not dare to go alone especially after Vivan's death. Should I go to the police and tell them everything? What will be the repercussion if I tell it the police?

Uh! I was totally consumed by ill thoughts. I didn't know what to do next.

I called up Payal through the intercom.