Anonymous Date

"Excuse me, mam, give your bag to me." The cab driver politely asks me to hand over my luggage to him so that he could put it in the cab.

It was a sunny day with a souring temperature of 40 degrees at around eleven o'clock. Our flight back to Mumbai was scheduled for 1 p.m.

We had enough time to reach the airport.

"Vivan today is 24th May. Someone has called me for a date at Starbucks in the evening. What should we do?" I was seeking help from Vivan as I was not in a state to decide anything.

"Don't worry, we will figure it out. I will come with you to Starbucks but will not sit with you. Rather I will sit at some distance so that I can catch that bastard red-handed." Vivan was consoling me.

Isha: "What if he didn't turn up? What if it is just a prank?"

Vivan: "I wish it is a prank, but chances are less as it's a second time you got the note. No one would dare to do so again and again if it's just a prank."

Isha: "I am afraid, don't know who the person is."

We landed at Mumbai at 3:30 p.m. It took another half an hour to collect our luggage and catch the cab to our office. I was hungry so I ask Vivan to stop somewhere and have some food.

We stopped at the fast-food joint and went inside the restaurant. I ordered Pasta and coffee, Vivan ordered only coffee as he was not that hungry.

"Hello boss, ya we had just landed at Mumbai and we are on our way to the office." It was Mr. Khaddus who called up Vivan for some work; he knew that we are coming back today.

Vivan: "Boss called me to the office urgently; he wants to have some urgent work-related discussion. I said we are on the way and coming to the office in some time."

At around 4:30 p.m. we reached the office. I was tired as the flight was not so comfortable. I kept my handbag on my desk and went to the restroom to get fresh. Vivan also went to his desk and checking a few documents.

I set on my desk and my eyes were searching for Payal. I want to see that note which Payal has sent to me via WhatsApp. I see her from the distance and called her at my desk with my eyes.

Payal: "Hi Isha, how are you? Hope your journey was good."

Isha: "Ya the journey was ok, tell me where is that note?" I asked curiously.

Payal: "Wait I had kept it in my drawer. I will just bring it." She quickly went to her desk to grab that note for me.

Payal: "Here is that note. I have kept it in my drawer and don't worry nobody knows about it."

Isha: "Thanks Payal, any other important thing that you have noticed in my absence?"

Payal: "No, Isha, I can't find any abnormal activity in your absence."

"Isha, I have a meeting with the boss, He just called me in his cabin and wanted to discuss the monthly sales and client's response against our new scheme." Vivan rushed to me and said it to me.

Isha: "How long your meeting will go on? You know na I have to go to that anonymous date?" I was worried hearing that Vivan will be busy at the meeting. I want him with me on that date.

Vivan: "Don't worry; I will finish the meeting as soon as possible. I will come with you for sure. Yes, coming sir, ok let me go now, the boss is calling me for the meeting, I will catch you later."

I was feeling nervous as the time ticking closer to 6 p.m. There wasn't much time left so I went to the restroom to get ready for the anonymous date. I was waiting for Vivan to come out of the boss's cabin so that we can go to Starbucks.