28

MILLIES POV

After the match, in complete silence, as Mione's demand, we left the pitch for Hagrid's hut.

"It was Snape," Ron told Hagrid. "Hermione and I saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you."

"Rubbish," said Hagrid, who had been standing next to them in the stands, but had apparently not heard a word of what had gone on. "Why would Snape do somethin' like that?"

I exchanged a look with the others, deciding whether to tell him or not. Harry beat me to it.

"Millie and I found something about him," Harry told him. "He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween, but it bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding."

Hagrid dropped the teapot.

"How do you know about Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"That thing has a name?" Ron asked.

"Course he has a name, he's mine. Bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year - I leant him to Dumbledore to guard the -"

"Yes?" I said eagerly.

"Now, don't ask me anymore," said Hagrid gruffly, and I slumped back into my chair in disappointment. "That's top secret, that is."

"But Snape's trying to steal it," Harry argued.

"Rubbish," said Hagrid again. "Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothin' of the sort."

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?" cried Mione.
The afternoons events seemed to have changed her mind about Snape. "I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" said Hagrid hotly. "I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an kill a student! Now, listen to me, all four of yeh - yer meddlin' in things that don't concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin' that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicholas Flamel-"

"Aha!" I said. "So there's someone called Nicholas Flamel, is there?"

Hagrid looked furious with himself.

I was shaken awake earlier than I would've liked the next morning by Mione, who had something red and gold in her hands.

"What are you doing?" I croaked, sitting up slightly.

"Harry asked me to give you this," she whispered quietly. "Him and Ron are waiting in the common room."

Realisation hit me as I remembered the bet Harry and I had made. Groaning, I dropped my head back onto my pillow. But before I could shut my eyes again, Mione had pulled my covers back.

"Mione-"

"You can't," she said, dropping the jumper onto my bed. Harry's vanilla scent filled my nostrils, and I quickly pushed the piece of clothing to the floor. "We'll miss breakfast."

"That's fine by me, if it means I don't have to wear his jumper for as long," I said, but I still swung my legs off the bed and got up. I brushed my teeth and hair, before sliding into my uniform. I stood in front of the mirror whilst Mione laughed at me, as I begrudgingly pulled on Harry's jumper. It was far too big for me, but that was no-where near the worst part; on the back, in bold, gold lettering, it read, 'Potter 07'.

I sighed miserably as Mione dragged me out of the dormitory and into the common room. Luckily, it was empty except for two boys, one of whom was wearing a massive smirk.

"You should be thanking me," Harry said as the four of us walked down to breakfast. "You'll be more popular now people know you're friends with me."

"You seem to be forgetting I was pretty much forced to wear this, Potter," I reminded him, dragging my feet on the floor.

Harry was somewhat right, because as soon as we entered the Great Hall, nearly every head turned in my direction.

"It's because you look good in my clothes," Harry muttered to me, and so I sat down as far away as possible from him, in between Neville and Dean, who both eyed me suspiciously.

"Don't ask," I moaned, dropping my head onto the table.

This was going to be a long day.