30

MILLIES POV

We had been searching books for Flamel's name ever since Hagrid let it slip, because how else were we going to find out what Snape was trying to steal? The trouble was, it was very hard to know where to begin, not knowing what Flamel might have done to get himself into a book. And then, of course, there was the sheer size of the library; tens of thousands of books lined the hundreds of shelves.

Hermione took out a long list of subjects and titles she had decided to search, whilst Harry and Ron strode off down a row of books and started pulling them off random shelves. I wandered over to the restricted section.

"I just need a signed note from a teacher," I muttered to myself under my breath.

"What was that?" I heard a voice say. I turned around, coming face-to-face with Dean.

"You made me jump." I let out a small laugh before turning back to look through the gates to the restricted section.

"What are you looking in there for?" He asked, leaning against a shelf.

"Just looking," I shrugged. "How have you been?"

"Not bad. Better now I'm talking to you though." He grinned as I scrunched my nose.

"Shut up, Dean," I said, pushing his chest gently.

"I'm just playing," He laughed. "You know, all the boys in our year have a crush on you."

"All of them?" I repeated, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Other than me!" He said, blushing. I tilted my head, smiling. "Including Potter, but you've probably guessed that."

"No way," I said, shaking my head. "We aren't even friends."

"Well, I say he wants to be more than friends," Dean whispered. "Everyone does - speak of the devil."

Following his gaze, I watched as Harry strolled over and leant against the wall, right in the middle of Dean and I.

"Hello, Dean," he said casually. "Hello, Mills."

I looked at Harry suspiciously, as Dean said quietly, "Hi, Harry."

"Well, can't stay and chat all day," Harry said, nodding at me. "Things to do, you know - you coming, Donovan?"

"Right," I said slowly. "See you, Dean."

Dean sighed and stared at Harry in annoyance. "Yeah, bye."

Harry and I walked off, but as soon as we were out of sight from anyone, I pushed him roughly against a shelf.

"What was that about?" I growled.

"What was what about?" Harry said calmly, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

"You know what-"

"What are you two doing?"

My head snapped away from Harry, and he used this as an opportunity to step away from me.

"Oh, nothing."

Madam Pince brandished a feather duster at us.

"It didn't look like nothing, so whatever it was, don't do it in my library. Get out, then. Go on - out!"

We left the library in silence and stopped outside to wait for Mione and Ron.

"Well done," I muttered, glaring at Harry.

"Thank you?" he said, running a hand through his hair.

"I was being sarcastic," I spat. "Now we can't look for Flamel."

"I'm not the one that pushed you against a wall!" Harry said, a small smirk on his lips.

"Don't you dare say anything-"

"I'm not going to say anything," Harry said, chuckling and raising his hands in surrender.

At that moment, Ron and Mione came out, shaking their heads, so we went off to lunch.

"You will keep looking while I'm away, won't you?" Hermione said. "And send me an owl if you find anything."

"And you could ask your parents if they know who Flamel is," said Ron. "It'd be safe to ask them."

"Very safe, as they're both dentists."