60

MILLIES POV

I had almost forgotten that the exam results were still to come out, but come they did. Fortunately, I did extremely well and so did my friends, with Mione coming top of the year. Even Neville scraped through, his good Herbology mark making up for his abysmal Potions one. I had hoped that Goyle, who was almost as stupid as he was mean, might be thrown out, but he had passed, too. It was a shame, but as Ron said, you couldn't have everything in life.

And suddenly, our wardrobes were empty, our trunks packed, Neville's toad was found lurking in a corner of the toilets; notes were handed out to all students, warning us not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these," said Fred sadly); Hagrid was there to take us down to the fleet of boats that sailed across the lake; we were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bertie Botts every-flavour beans as we sped past muggle towns; pulling off our wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-qaurters at King's Cross station.

It took quite a while for all of us to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting people go through the gate in twos and threes so they didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles.

"You must come and stay this summer," said Ron, "All of you - I'll send you an owl."

"Thanks," I said, waving at Seamus and Dean across the platform. "But if Harry's there, I will not be coming."

"Oh, please," Harry scoffed, smacking his trunk against mine and nearly causing me to fall over. "You will miss me loads."

I grimaced. "No I won't-"

"Bye, Harry!"

"See you, Potter!"

"Still famous," I told him, grinning.

He laughed. "Not where I'm going, I promise you."

Mione, Harry, Ron and I passed through the gateway together.

"There he is, Mum, there he is, look!"

It was Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister, but she wasn't pointing at Ron.

"Harry Potter!" She squealed. "Look, Mum! I can see-"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point."

Mrs Weasley smiled down at me.

"You must be Millie, dear."

"Yes, pleased to meet you, Mrs Weasley," I said politely, holding out my hand, though I was quickly pulled into a hug instead.

"Please, call me Molly, Ron's told me so much about you," she said warmly.

I raised my eyebrows at Ron, who flushed deeply.

"Busy year?" Mrs Weasley asked, pulling Harry in for a hug.

"Very," he replied. "Thanks for the fudge and the jumper, Mrs Weasley."

I nodded, smiling.

"Oh, it was nothing, dears."

"Ready, are you?"

It was a very large man, purple-faced, moustached and looking furiously at Harry. Behind him stood a woman and a boy. These must be the Dursleys.

"You must be Harry's family!" said Mrs Weasley.

"In a manner of speaking," said Vernon. "Hurry up, boy, we haven't got all day." He walked away, however, the boy, Dudley, didn't move. He was staring at me.

"H-hello." He stuttered clumsily.

"Erm ... Hi?" I replied, forcing a smile.

"Dudders! Get away from her!" The woman called, as though I was some sort of animal. Dudley quickly scurried away to his parents, leaving just Harry and I.

It was now or never.

Biting my lip, I turned slowly to face him. My eyes narrowed suspiciously as I saw an annoying smirk on his face.

"What?"

"I'm going to tell Dudley your my girlfriend," he said casually.

"You what?"

"I'm going to tell Dudley your my girlfriend," he repeated, his smirk only growing. "So he gets jealous. Pretty girl like you..."

My lips curved into a smile as I fiddled with the fabric of my robes. "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"You should," Harry said, "girlfriend."

"Shut up," I snapped, glancing around. "Don't start spreading that rumour around."

"You know you'd love it," he said happily.

I sighed as I watched him wink at Dudley a few feet away. I grabbed his wrist, making his attention turn back to me quickly.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" His emerald eyes widened, clearly taken aback. "I - I mean - what?"

"I'm sorry." I released his wrist as my gaze darted to the ground. "I'm sorry for being mean to you all year. You apologised before, and I didn't..."

My voice faded out as I shuffled my feet in discomfort.

"You weren't." Harry cleared his throat, leaning down to nudge his shoulder against mine, making my eyes meet his again. "I wasn't the nicest eith-"

"Yes, but I didn't realise that your family was that rude to you, you must have it harder than I thought-"

"Just be quiet," he muttered, pulling me into a hug. I froze from the shock of his action. I awkwardly wrapped my arms around his neck, before he pulled away. "I enjoy teasing you - how flustered you become - I wouldn't have it any other way."

A smile slipped onto my lips, as I said, "I look forward to making fun of you even more next year then."

He grinned. "I can hardly wait."

"Until then, have a blast with Dudders," I teased.

"Oh, I will," Harry said, and I was surprised that the grin on his face was only growing. "They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. So yeah, I will have a blast with Dudders this summer."

"Millie!"

I whipped my head round as fast I could at the familiar happy voices. There were my parents, standing over by the wall, smiling. I sprinted to them, as fast as I could and flung my arms around both of their shoulders.
"I've missed you," I mumbled.

"We've missed you too, dear, so much."

I dragged them both over to Harry, Ron and Mione, introducing all of them, other than Harry, of course, who they'd already met.

"Remember what I'd said, then Harry?" My Dad said, ruffling his hair.

Harry blushed, his eyes flicking towards me. I vaguely remembered my Dad pulling him for a quick word, they day we met.

"Yes, Mr Donovan."

"Jake, son, call me Jake."

"Jake! Ruby!" Mrs Weasley called happily, hugging my Mum. Apparently Dad knew Ron's dad from the ministry.

Whilst everyone was talking, I whispered up to Harry.

"What did my Dad say, you know, in Diagon alley?"

"Erm..." He muttered, avoiding my eyes. I stepped infront of him so he was forced to look at me. He sighed.

"He said that he could see the way I was looking at you, and that if I ever hurt you, to keep in mind that he was an auror..."

"POTTER!" I heard Vernon shout.

With one more glance in my direction, Harry ran off to the Dursleys, leaving my mind whirring.