9

Raven's POV

People avoid me as I walk down the street. I've made my aura more intimidating so people keep their distance not in the mood to deal with anyone bumping into me.

I've been walking for a short while and I calmed down about two blocks ago. Even though I'm no longer mad a thick feeling of isolation has set in. Even as I see home from across the street.

I cross the street quickly not bothering to look for cars, this part of town doesn't get much traffic anymore not after the attack. We've completely re build and healed from it but most of the people don't live here anymore and those that do live close to their jobs and don't need cars.

I read the sign on the door. Closed for lunch. I smirk fazing through the door to avoid the door bell. I pause once inside taking on the store. I listen closely for movement and hear the sound of books being re shelved a few isles away. I drop my glamour and untuck my wings silently creeping towards the back making my way to the person restocking the shelves.

I pause at the isle they are currently occupying and peak around the shelf seeing my target. A middle aged women who's not facing me too focused on her task stands halfway down the isle. Long red hair falls down her back in waves contrasting with her silky blue shirt. I get into a crouch slowly creeping up behind her making sure to not create any noise. I stand back up slowly once I'm arms distance away raising my arms to grab her.

"I swear to whatever god you believe in, if you grab me right now I'll toss you out like a rat," she says calmly and I sigh letting my arms drop.

"How'd you know I was there?" I ask huffing softly. I'd been so carful to be quiet too.

"Raven I've known you long enough to be able to feel you enter a room. Plus I set up motion sensors," She says looking over at me an evil smile on her face "now make yourself useful and start putting books away."

"Yes Grace," I say smiling goofily at her.  She slaps me on the back of the head.

"Where did you run off to? Without saying anything might I add," Grace asks sounding a bit upset with me.

"Shield found me finally," I sigh looking down at the book in my hand "I've been in the once Stark tower. It's the Avengers tower now. They had me stay there. I've just been able to get out."

"Are you planning on going back?" She asks looking over at me calmly. I sigh softly, wishing I could just stay here.

"I have to eventually," I say looking at her a tad upset "they'd only come after me. Then what? I can't just hide here forever. That would put you in danger of-" banging at the door cuts me off. I look in the direction of the door then back at Grace confused.

"Hold that thought I'll go see who it is and be right back," she says waving her hand dismissively "keep putting books away." I roll my eyes at her as she walks away and get back to the box in front of me.

"Wonder who's banging so loudly," I mumble to myself.

"Hey! What do you think your doing!" Grace's voice yells out sounding alarmed "I told you we are closed!" I put down the books about to run to her aid when Natasha and Steve block the entrance of the isle.

"Steve?" I ask shocked and a bit confused "what?"

"Hey! Let go of me!" Graces voice yells her fear wafting my way. I look towards the sound of her voice.

"Don't move or I'll shoot," Natasha growls her gun out and pointed at me. I snarl as Grace makes another distressed noise. I look between the two and jump onto the shelf to my right avoiding the bullets shot at me as I gallop across the top of it to the front. Clint has a pretty good hold on a struggling Grace as she tries to get away from him.