29 | No Casket

Kianna mixed around the contents of her chipotle bowl after pouring hot queso blanco over everything, feeling her stomach growl from the smell of her newest pregnancy craving

Kianna mixed around the contents of her chipotle bowl after pouring hot queso blanco over everything, feeling her stomach growl from the smell of her newest pregnancy craving. She was forcing herself to eat because she knew Judah would be pissed if he found out that she hadn't been doing so.

She still had yet to hear anything from him, Shelly, or even Judah's attorney. According to Traydon, the attorney was flying in from Dubai and didn't land until today, so hopefully, they got an update on his well-being and the details of the case against him.

Along with Judah's parents, Traydon and Rico had been over everyday for the last three days, bringing her food-breakfast, lunch, and dinner-and attempting to make sure that she was doing ok.

The two of them took over temporary leadership at the warehouse, which didn't mean much because business wasn't booming like it was months back, so really they were just watching the corner boys and the men who bagged up the drugs, like they usually did.

Amina hadn't left her side since the day that Judah and Shelly were arrested. She was actually on the side of her right now, still asleep on Kianna's side of the bed, while Kianna laid on Judah's side. His pillows smelled just like him and had been her main comfort since he left.

She was trying hard not to be so down in the dumps because she knew he wouldn't like that, but she couldn't help it. It was now September 5th, 2023, and Kianna hadn't spent more than an hour away from him since October 16th, 2022; so, just one month short of an entire year of spending every second of every day with him.

This was quite literally killing her. She missed her man so much. She couldn't wait to have him back home with her.

"I need some chips." She mumbled to herself, climbing out of the bed with her Chipotle bowl in her hand. She walked to the kitchen, heading for the pantry where four 42 packs of chips were.

She grabbed a bag of the cool ranch flamin' hot Doritos, and then walked out to the patio after deciding to eat out there. It was raining, but the patio had a glass top over it and heated floor panels, so she'd be fine.

Just as she finished setting her meal up, her phone started ringing, and her face lit up as Anna M. Kross Center appeared as the contact; the Rikers Island facility that Judah was being held at.

"You have a collect call from, 'Judah East'. To accept this call, please press one, or p-," The automated voice didn't even get to finished before Kianna pressed one on her dial pad.

"Wassup mama? I miss you. I love you." Judah said as soon as the call connected, causing a big smile to grow on her face.

"I miss you sooo much and I love you even more stinky. How are you? Are you okay? I was literally just thinking about you."

"You know I'm always good. I just miss you, that's all. Besides that, I'm aight. You feeling okay? You taking yo' vitamins?" He returned more questions, making her smile spread further. They were obviously excited to talk to each other.