The Bodyguard.

Listen to the audio above for a heightened experience.

@kerihilson as Amal Moureaux

"Come, let me kiss you right thereWake you up like sunriseOn the backs of your thighsI'm gonna pray you this prayerThat I keep in my mindAs a lovely reminder

Wake you up like sunrise
On the backs of your thighs
I'm gonna pray you this prayer
That I keep in my mind
As a lovely reminder

Even though you tell me you love me
I'm afraid that you just love my disguise
Taste my fears and light your candle to my raging fire
Of broken desire

But don't judge me
I know I got issues
But they drown when I kiss you
Don't judge me
Baptize me with ocean
Recognize my devotion"

-"Don't Judge Me" by Janelle Monáe.

-

"I'm not a fucking 5-year old who needs constant supervision okay, d-don't patronize me with bullshit about how I need protection from my surroundings, I don't live in a war zone I live in fuuuucking midtown Manhattan." I slurred semi-incoherently to my pr agent, Lucien over the phone as I clutched the pretty glass bottle half full of red liquid and paced about my bedroom. It was only 6 in the evening and I had managed to put away a bottle and a half of Pinot Noir. Record timing.

"Listen, Amal, we hired Mr. Rhodes to protect you from anyone or anything that is to cause you harm. Yourself included. It's only protocol that he acts as your shadow." He sighed frustratedly. "The last time you were left to your own devices you almost accidentally drove yourself off a bridge!"

Yeah, accidentally.

"Lu, this man has stood outside my bathroom door and timed me based on what I tell him I need to do in there for the past two weeks!" I hiccuped in between words. "I'm contemplating making him pay rent, since he lives in my asshole and all, you know."

"Amal, you are one of the biggest rising stars in the entertainment industry. You are the face everyone is dying to see in theatres right now! This is for your own g-."

Hanging up on Lucien mid sentence, I downed the rest of the bottle taking huge gulps and sat at my boudoir, preparing myself to go outside and face the world and...him.

2 weeks ago I was gifted with the acquaintance of Mr. "Black" Rhodes. With no known first name, the man was now my head of security and he absolutely fit the bill. He was heavily built, tall, and had a quiet confidence about him, the kind that says "I could whoop everyone in this room out their shoes, but ima chill." He was also, much to my chagrin, very conventionally handsome. Being an actress I thought I had seen them all when it came to good looking men, I mean in my latest movie I was starring opposite Idris fucking Elba, but he was gorgeous. Cheekbones, smile, eyes, skin. Pure sex. I literally gasped the first time I saw him.