Girl with the Tattoo(s).

Listen to the audio above for a heightened experience.

*Unknown as Alba Jameson

*I saw her picture on Pinterest and was immediately inspired

*I saw her picture on Pinterest and was immediately inspired. If anyone knows who she is let me know!

-

"Those innocent eyes
That smile on your face
Makes it easy to trust you
If they only knew
The girl with the tattoo
Like I do...."

Girl with the Tattoo Enter.lewd by Miguel.

-

"Fuck." I whispered to myself as I ran my long baby pink acrylics across the waves of my short hair in mild frustration.

Being the owner of KURO, one of the most popular tattoo shops in midtown Houston, although it was my passion I seldom did tattoos myself because my handwork was precious to me. Quality over quantity. However, from time to time I would get special requests from clients who had seen my art on other people's bodies or found my instagram page.

A client called at around 4, said they had seen my work and they wanted me to freestyle a ribcage tattoo for them that would go with the theme of royalty. How vague, I know. Apparently the client was someone very important because when my secretary relayed the message to me and said his name, every head in the shop turned and a few of my employees and customers damn near started somersaulting. Some movie guy or something.

Which brings me to my current dilemma. My creative juices were shot like a horse with a broken leg, and the only sketching I had done was a few lines on the paper before me. Previous attempts were in the black metal trashcan underneath my teakwood desk.

Standing up and then peeking my head out of my office, my eyes scanned the front lobby.

"Hey, Sai, can you come here for a second?" I asked my assistant.

"Yeah I got you." She replied as she put down the bag of  skittles she had in her hand and walked towards my office door.

Crashing down onto my swivel chair I spun myself around a few times.

"So that actor guy is coming in in like an hour and I have no clue what I'm gonna do for him," I sighed, "He said he wants the theme of the tat to be royalty but that shit is way too vagueeee." I drawled in my southern accent as I leaned back into my chair, spinning around a few more times.

"Show me what you have so far." Sai asked with her tall body hunched over the other side of my desk.

Sheepishly I slid the paper I had been working on across the table to her.