DND/The Prelude.

Listen to the audio above for a heightened experience.

@Ashleyblaine as Cynthia 'Cyn' Holland

-So I got this feelingYou and I need a momentI want you to love me babeMake me know itI need you to want me babeCome and show it

-
So I got this feeling
You and I need a moment
I want you to love me babe
Make me know it
I need you to want me babe
Come and show it

Let me satisfy you tonight
Go inside sit on my couch, oh
I know what you like just sit back
Let me ride, hear it all out, uh

I want you right now
Not another minute later, so come on
Put your money where your mouth is
Give you what you paid for, come on
I know it's real how my body feels on yours, oh
And I want to spend some time
No answer sign on the door
Oh no, please don't disturb me, no
Don't, disturb no
-

As I paced up and down my kitchen, I could feel my fiancé's eyes burning holes into me.

I was currently on the 7th phone call in 3 hours from my boss, none lasting less than 10 minutes, and being that we've had several lengthy discussions about how I need to create a boundary between work and home, I know he's mad as fuck right now.

I momentarily stopped my pacing to mouth a quick 'Sorry' and pout at him in apology but he looked away in annoyance, shaking his head and chewing on his bottom lip. He only did that when he was trying to keep himself from going off.

Shook.

"Okay, Ms. Devereaux, that's not a problem, I'll see you then." I finished.

After I was done with the phone call, I penned in a few things into my planner and with much dread, walked into my living room to face a very upset fiancé.

"Babe I'm so-." I began but was interrupted.

"It's fine." He grumbled as he fiddled with the remote control.

"It's obviously not. Talk to me, my love." I reached out to him in my usual manner trying to butter him up. Throwing my body onto his, landing in his lap and then resting an arm around his neck, I rubbed his belly and kissed his face warmly. I hated when my baby was mad at me.

"I just feel a little neglected. She has you for 8 hours out of the day and I just want to be able to spend a little quiet time with you after that."

"She don't even really be talkin' bout shit half the time she calls you anyway." He continued, causing me to giggle. He was right.