Actress.

Listen to the audio above for a heightened experience.

@Philomenakwao as Primrose Akwasi.

"The bed is your stageTake it awayPut on a showPut on a playDon't ask babeYou know I'm your number one fan babeSoGet those cameras rollin' right nowI'm directing and I really wanna see you act outLet your body take over youYour body's takin' over you

Take it away
Put on a show
Put on a play
Don't ask babe
You know I'm your number one fan babe
So
Get those cameras rollin' right now
I'm directing and I really wanna see you act out
Let your body take over you
Your body's takin' over you

Now baby we can take it slow, say my name
Don't let go, I can hear your body when I
Pull your hair, what's my name
Girl I swear, I can hear your body babe"

-"Body" by Syd

-

Having a breathtakingly attractive significant other can be challenging; the stares that last a little longer than normal, people who insist on being uncomfortably close to them during conversations, and the outright disrespect of trying to "shoot their shot."

However, it's even worse when said significant other is a globally renowned actor with immense fame and notoriety.

Trevante and I met at a poetry lounge in uptown L.A were he was performing. We went back to his place that night and he showed me how to play spades and what good head was supposed to feel like, and from that moment onward we were inseparable. From strangers to friends to lovers in the blink of an eye. And as our relationship grew, so did his fame.

For fear of being misunderstood, let me clarify. I am so fucking proud of my man. He went from being a star college athlete to being a star in every sense of the word period. He's a hustler, a go-getter, and I'm so wildly proud to say he's mine and I'm his. In a non-possessive way of course.

That not withstanding, sometimes we had ugly arguments. Like the one we were currently having about a certain co-star of his.

"Baby can we not do this right now, it's 6 in the morning, the sun isn't even out yet, you're about to go to work and I just got back from set." He sighed in exasperation as he threw his duffel bag onto the marble floor of our shared bedroom.

"So she invited you out to a dinner, specifically told you not to bring me because I might feel out of place, and you actually got dressed, got in your car, and went?" I folded my arms and tilted my head in disbelief.

Clearing his throat he began unpacking.

"She didn't mean any harm by it, Prim. She just didn't want you to feel uncomfortable."

Men are so dumb. Like, really dumb.

"Tre, open your eyes. This is the same woman that likes and comments heart eyes and drooling emojis under every single insta post you make except for the ones I'm in, when she sees both of us in public she only addresses you, and she goes around all of Los Angeles telling people about how much she wants to fuck you!" I raised my voice.