40

Irena, Fred, and Alek were ready to go home. Irena had changed clothes, and Fred had finished packing the bag he brought with him. Anna gave Irena more of the potion for the pain, and she told the new parents that she needed to see Alek in a month. They arrived at the flat.

Rue and George were also there. "Oh no. We aren't done go back," said Rue. She was standing on top of a chair, getting the other side of a banner that said, 'welcome home, Alek.' George was holding the chair, helping Rue not to fall. "Welcome home, Alek," said George in a baby voice. "This is very sweet of you lot," said Irena, walking closer and seeing the decoration.

Rue was done hanging the banner; she got down from the chair. George was standing next to her with his hand on her back. There were a few presents on the table for Alek, Irena assumed. There was food already made. Irena was excited about that since the hospital didn't have good food.

"Come here, little guy," said a happy Rue. She extended her arms in front of her to hold Alek. Looking at Alek, who started to yawn, Rue said, "you two made a cute baby." "I know right," said Fred with a proud smile. Irena jokingly rolled her eyes.

The four of them were at the kitchen table. George placed the food on the center of the table. That way everyone could get the food, and they didn't have to stand up every time. Irena started to add food to her plate with her right hand, while with her left, she was holding a sleeping Alek.

"The food is good; did you make this George," ask Irena, pointing her fork at George. Before he could answer, Rue interrupted him. "You think he did all this. Well, he did help, but I was the one that made it all."

Fred saw that Irena was struggling to hold Alek and eat at the same time. He was almost done eating "let me take him." He got Alek in his arms. "I'm going to take him to his room. He is already fed, and I changed his diaper before coming." Fred took Alek to his room. He slowly placed him on his crib, not wanting to wake him up. He left the door open to hear him when he cries.

The four of them were talking. George updated Fred on anything he had missed in the shop. Rue told them how she is studying to be a professor and how much work and studying she has to do. Irena was happy for Rue. She knew that she would be a great professor, and hopefully, one day, Alek can be one of her students.

Alek woke up crying. Irena went to his room and took a seat on the chair that was in the corner to feed him. A few minutes later, Rue said goodbye. Already burped and changed, Irena carried Alek to the sofa where Fred was sitting down. "Hello, little guy," said Fred, holding Aleks hand. "How did you sleep?" Alek only yawned.