13. | 𝙖𝙢 𝙞 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩?

your drained figure stepped out of the train, phone in hand along with your suitcase in the other. being on a train for three whole hours wasn't particularly the best thing to experience, with rowdy children and uncomfortable seats, it was difficult to feel at peace. next to you stood your father, who had been occupied with a phone call- your mother, to be precise.

"yes, we just arrived," he spoke, ushering you to follow him as the two of you walked through the crowded terminal, "mhm, she's here. alright, just a 'sec,"

he handed you his phone, gesturing you to speak. you cheerfully accepted the device, placing your suitcase on the ground. gently pressing it against your ear, you spoke,

"hello?"

"y/n! how's my favorite daughter doing?" your mother's enthusiastic voice reached your ears,

"i'm your only child,"

"whatever, kid, you didn't answer me. how are you?"

"pretty good, although i could be better," you answered, rubbing the nape of your neck with your free hand, "i've been sitting through a three-hour train ride, now my back hurts like shit."

"ah, i know how that feels," she sympathetically sighed, "being in labor hurts more, though."

"mom, what-"

"anyway!" she cut you off, "i'm surprised your dad convinced you to join, do you have plans or anything?"

"well, uh, i'll be meeting a friend that tobio... introduced me to."

"oh? i'm glad tobio's getting you to meet more people,"

"yeah, me too."

"alright, well, i hate to end it here, but i've got some things to do, see you later, yeah?"

"yeah, i'll see you later, mom."

"bye, sweetie!" she hung up before you could reply,

"...bye?"

you turned to your father to return his phone, only to be met with a flick to your forehead.

"ow!" you rubbed the spot in an attempt to ease the pain, catching a glimpse of your father's deadpanned face, "what was that for?"

"language," he replied, taking the phone from your grasp.

"but-" you stopped upon seeing his glare, backing down from the argument, "okay,"

he sighed, making his way to the station's exit,

"alright, then, let's go. we have to put our things in the hotel," he spoke, "after that, you're free to do whatever you want."

you quickly grasped your suitcase, trailing behind him shortly after.

at the hotel, you laid sprawled out on the bed after a quick shower. you scrolled through social media to pass time, checking the clock every once in a while,