18. | 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

(kita has two unnamed siblings, but for the purpose of this story, he'll be an only child. IM SORRY DONT COME FOR ME FDJGDFKHG)

after a fairly long day, you found yourself standing in front of kita's door, your hand still tightly secured in his.

"let's go, l/n-san." he shortly glanced at you, delicately tightening his grip on your palm.

shinsuke gently slid the door open, cautious not to drag you whilst the two of you walked inside. he slid your hand out of his, taking off his shoes and neatly pairing them on the floor. you were quick to follow suit, tidily ordering your own shoes next to his.

as kita led through the space, you took the time to study his house. it was, in a way- what you presumed his home to be like; a traditional japanese house, with a majority of the floor being covered with tatami mats. it was exceptionally clean, as expected from a boy like kita.

"shin-chan!" an old lady called out, walking towards the boy to wrap him in a tight embrace. she patted his back, pulling away. only then did she notice your arrival, a wide grin making its way to her face once you locked eyes. "oh? you didn't tell me you were gonna bring a friend, a girl at that!"

"what's your name, dear?" she questioned, taking both of your hands into her's.

"l/n y/n, nice to meet you."

"such a pretty name for a pretty girl," she cooed, the smile on her face reaching her eyes, the corner of her eyes wrinkling cheerfully. "please call me yumie,"

"a-ah, okay, yumie-san." you spoke, kita noticed how flustered you grew, quickly jumping into the conversation.

"l/n-san forgot the key card to her hotel, so she'll be staying here until her parents finish work to pick her up. she might have to stay the night here."

'stay the night?'

"is that so?" a hand made its way to cup your face, "stay as long as you need to, yeah?"

she turned to kita, nodding towards a nearby room.

"shinsuke, could you bring her some of your clothes? i'll be starting on dinner," with one last pat to your head, the old lady shuffled away towards where you assumed was the kitchen.

"do you need to take a shower, l/n-san? i can go get a towel if you want," kita spoke, sliding a door open and stepping in, guiding you inside. he placed his and your bag in a corner, making his way to his closet.

"sure, if that doesn't bother you." you followed his steps, gently shutting the door behind you.

he picked out a plain, black shirt, along with a pair of grey sweatpants.

(a/n: yuza your sweatpants addiction is showing gtfo)

he sauntered your way, placing the things in your arms.

"here, the bathroom is the door across from here."

"thank you, kita-san." you sent him a smile, nodding your head.

"tell me if you need anything, yeah?"

"of course,"