10. | 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

the following day, kita settled at a table in the canteen, calmly munching on his lunch. he was accompanied by aran and omimi, along with suna and the twins, who sat across from them.

atsumu, who's cheeks were messily showered with grains of rice, glanced at kita, suddenly being reminded of his newest friend. the boy snickered to himself, elbowing his brother's rib to catch his attention.

osamu swallowed his lunch, eyes moving to his brother in irritation. he sent him a look, eyebrows raised in question. atsumu hastily gulped his food, shuffling closer towards his brother to whisper in his ear,

"remember when fukurodani's manager called kita-san a dick?"

the grey-haired boy let out a snicker, which gradually turned into boisterous laughter. his shoulders bounced with hysteria, whilst repeatedly smacking his brother's arm. osamu's free hand cupped his mouth, trying to keep his laughter at the minimum. the other boy too, began to giggle, earning stares from surrounding tables, including the third-years.

suna paid no attention to their actions, blankly continuing his meal with no care. the third-years, on the other hand, were startled by the second-years, eyes wandering back and forth between the two boys.

"is everything alright?" aran eyed his underclassmen, blinking in amusement.

atsumu dismissively waved a hand at them, a cheeky grin painted on his face, "don't worry, it's nothing much,"

"really?" kita judged the twins, arms crossed, "i heard you say my name, you're not good at being secretive, you know."

the twins froze at their captain's remark, no longer holding grins on their faces.

turning to face each other, they locked eyes, as if they could telepathically communicate- or perhaps in this situation, telepathically bicker. atsumu opened his mouth to speak, but osamu beat him to it.

"'stumu made a new friend yesterday," he spoke, "she called kita-san a di-" a hand cupped his mouth, halting him from saying anything else. unsurprisingly, it was the blonde-haired twin.

"she's just a really funny person! nothing else, really." he blabbered, eagerly trying to prove the third year otherwise, which of course, did not work.

"atsumu," kita glared at the said boy, "being untruthful doesn't do anything. i'll ask you again, what's so funny?"

realizing that nothing would save him, atsumu took a deep breath,

"kita-san, you've been getting messages from a random number, right?"

"yes, i have,"

"ah, well, she actually texted me last night. turns out she's a student in fukurodani, a third-year manager for the boy's volleyball team. she's friends with tobio-kun and kiyoomi- that's how she got my number," he paused, uncertainty painting his face,

shinsuke noticed this, raising an eyebrow in suspicion, "is that all?"

atsumu shook his head, "she didn't get my number because she liked me or anything like that, because supposedly, she's been texting a wrong number that her friend gave her, and she wanted to know if i knew the number, which just so happens to be yours, kita-san."