16. | 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡

rriiinngggg!

you let out a groan of aggravation upon waking up to your phone ringing,

'didn't kita-san say he'd tell atsumu to leave me alone today?'

you groggily sat up, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. taking the device that laid restlessly on the bedside table, your eyes followed the caller's display name.

"akinori?"

you quickly answered his call, only to be met with a booming voice,

"oh! y/n-chan!"

the voice did not belong to akinori, nor was it close, if you were to guess who it was...

"haruki?"

"the one and only!" you could almost hear the bright smile through his words,

"why are you calling me?" you questioned, eyes turning to your hotel room's clock, which hung on the wall opposite of where your bed was, "it's... 2 pm?"

'was i that tired?'

"yep!"

"wait, haruki, how are you talking to me right now, with aki-chan's phone?"

"took his phone during lunch, his passcode's too predictable," he chuckled, "and i have a free period right now, i'm in the gym."

"i see," you replied, falling back into the pillows, snuggling further into the blankets, "how's the team going so far? i miss everyone,"

"yuki and kaori have been handling the whole team pretty well,"

"are you saying i'm not needed?"

"no, i'm not!"

"what about the boys? how are they?"

"well, the team's doing okay, but... konoha's been a little off lately,"

"akinori?"

"yeah, i heard from his classmate that he's been taking restroom breaks pretty frequently, during classes and practice, i guess he misses you. the two of you are always together, so it's probably difficult for him to get used to,"

you frowned,

"it's barely been two days,"

"i know," komi sighed, "do you know why he's acting like this?"

"no, i don't" you let out a deep exhale, "i'll make sure to check on him after school ends."

"what about you, y/n-chan? how's hyogo?"

"well, hyogo..."

your mind wandered to the previous day, all at once remembering shinsuke's actions, a delicate red dusting your cheeks.

"i look forward to meeting you again, l/n-san."

"it's going very well, h-haruki," you gulped,